Chapter 2 : The Necklace

"Kids, get up! Time to get ready for school!" Liz yelled from outside of their door.

Lynn got up first, Zeke putting his pillow on top of his head and continued to sleep. She rolled her eyes at him before getting ready for school. Today was show and tell. But unlike everyone else in her class she had nothing to show. Zeke did but he didn't tell her what.

After brushing her teeth Lynn got dressed in her school uniform. The red skirt and white button up long sleeve shirt with their school symbol patched on; A dragon.

"Zeke, get up." Lynn said.

She got a groan in return.

"Why do we have to go! School is poo!"

"To get our education. Go to college, get jobs, ect."

"Why can't we just go to were daddy and mommy use to work? Get job their?"

Lynn shrugged, grabbed her book bag and put it over the shoulder.

"Don't forget your thing for show and tell." Lynn said.

Leaving their room Lynn walked down the hall to the stairs when she stopped next to the room her father was in late last night. Pushing the door open she walked in and went straight towards the desk and opened the drawer. Her eyes widen in awe. Their was a golden necklace with a dull jewel in middle.

Why would their father be hiding something like this? Lynn grabbed the necklace and felt a spark come off of the jewel. She saw a image go past her eyes. A women was wearing the exact same necklace that was in her hand except the jewel was bright.

Lynn blinked her eyes a few times. Could that have been her Aunt? Was this necklace hers? Opening her book bag she put the necklace inside.

"Lynn?"

Lynn quickly turned around, scared that she was caught by her father. She calmed down when she saw it was her mother.

"What are you doing in here?" Liz asked.

"I-I just was looking around." she said.

"Well come on. Your bus is about to be outside."

Lynn nods her head and rush out of the room, past her mom and down the steps. She opened the door and walked out side. They lived outside of New York. To her right the forest, left miles of green grass.

The honk of a horn made Lynn look towards the road. The school bus was coming. As the bus stop Lynn took her time getting on, sitting all the way in the back. All the other kids were talking with one another and paid her no mine. She didn't really have any friends.

Suddenly the bus went silent. That must meant her brother just came on. Lynn stared out the window looking at her house as Zeke sat down next to her. The bus driver turned around and drove down the street heading into the city.

¸.•*¨*'•.✘¸.•*¨*'•.

"Alright class! Time for show and tell!"

Lynn stared at their teacher, Mrs. Huntley as she stood in front of the class. She looked at Zeke who seemed to be jumping out of his seat.

"First up, Christy." Mrs Huntley said.

The tannish, blonde haired little girl with pig tales in her hair, that say across from Lynn got up out of her seat. A teddy bear in her hand.

"This is my teddy, Edward. I had him since I was a baby..."

As she drowned on Lynn zoned out. 6 more show and tells and stories later she pulled out her Aunts necklace. Lynn drew circles on the jewel before grasping it tight in her hand.

"Lynn!"

She snapped her up and looked at Zele.

"Huh?" Lynn asked.

"Your up." he said.

Lynn looked at the necklace and then at the front of the class room. She got up out of her seat and made her way in front of the class standing next to her teacher. She looked out at her fellow class mates. Her grip on the necklace tightened. Lynn just wanted to walk back to her seat and hide the necklace back in her book bag.

Suddenly, the necklace got warm. Not hot. Warm, comforting her.

"This necklace belong to my Aunt Syrena. She died before I was born. I won't get to meet her, know her. I would have love too." Lynn said.

She put the necklace in around her neck and the Jewel started to glow. A burst if light came from the necklace and all the children shielded their eyes. Lynn didn't she stared straight at it. A white hand, with a hue of white light come out from the jewel stretching out.

"Lynn!" Zeke yelled.

A gasp came from her lips as A figure came out from the necklace their head jerked left and white before landing on the little girl, a smile on their lips and Lynn notice a fang.

"A-auntie Syrena?"

The light disappeared and the necklace was no longer dull. Back to it original color.

"What in the world?!" Mrs. Huntley yelled.

Lynn fell backwards with a thud. The sound of her class mates gasping and screaming was what she heard before she closed her eyes and was greeted with darkness.