Chapter 5 : It Will Pain You

Later in the night, around 4 am Lynn woke up to Zeke shaking her shoulder. She looked at her brother, her eyes tired and ready to spill new tears. Rain tapped on their window hard as thunder sounded behind the clouds.

"Lynn, why are you acting so weird?" Zeke asked.

"What?" Lynn asked irritated.

"Don't play dum with me, okay? I'm your twin I known when your acting weird."

Lynn sat up in her bed and pushed Zeke to the side before she got up. A look of hurt flashed across Zeke's face.

"Just leave me alone!" Lynn said.

She stormed out of her room and went down the stairs and back into the kitchen. Lynn saw a small knife on the counter and grabbed it. Slowly she brought it onto her palm, pressing hard and making a line. She winced. Blood started to drip down her new cut before healing like it did before. Lynn stared at her hand in curiosity.

"Amazing isn't it?" a voice asked.

Lynn turned around as she saw her Aunt. Syrena stood behind her, looking at the held hand as well.

"How are you here?" Lynn asked.

"I'm here because of you, Lynn. Well not really here-not alive. I'm in your head."

"My head."

"Yes. One of the tricks you learn from the undead: How to get into a living persons mind. But not just that. I can also make you see whatever I want you to see, think what I want you to think, act how I want you too. And of course..say what I want you too."

"I can't believe it. You've been using me!" Lynn said.

Syrena put a hand over her heart, her eyes wide.

"No! I would never do that to you Lynn! I'm not going to deny that when you were yelling at your father I did slip a few words in. But I was just as angry as you were feeling." Syrena said.

"You-you knew how I felt?" Lynn asked.

Syrena smiled grabbing the little girl by her shoulders. Lynn was surprised when she felt the contact, but her hands felt cold.

"Of course I did. The same way you knew how I felt when I showed you my memories. All that pain..lost and betrayal." Syrena said tears coming down her eyes.

Lynn went to wipe them away but pulled her hand back. She was just in her head...she was nothing but air.

"All those people that died...did my father kill them? Did he kill you?" Lynn asked in a whisper.

"Why don't you ask him, hm? Better yet..ask you mother. She knows everything, your father tells her and it is partially her fault."

"I will Auntie."

Syrena smiled, brushing the girls hair out of her face. She ignored the fact that she had his eyes.

"Soon it will pain you...to look in the mirror and see his eyes as yours. Just you wait."

¸.•*¨*'•.✘¸.•*¨*'•.

As the sun started to rise Lynn was still in the kitchen. She laid on the floor. Eyes wide open. It was 7:18 now. In two minuets her mom would be coming into the kitchen to start breakfast. She tapped her fingers on the tiled floor. She started thinking about her Aunt and what she said about her mother.

How could she be apart of her Aunts death?Footsteps coming down the stairs made her stop and stay still. Seconds later her mother came in, but stopped when she saw her on the floor.