Chapter 13 : WorldQuake

"I have to choose between the two of you." Lynn said.

She had to choose. Her Aunt or her mother. The woman who showed her a world beyond the one she knows and the woman who brought her into the world. Never in her life did she think something like this would happen. Not this soon.

"I can't come back to the world of the living unless someone with valuable soul like mine can take my place. Liz here is my only candidate." Syrena explains. Lynn cast a glance at her mother before looking back at her Aunt who began to speak once more.

"I can't save my family if I'm down here. You are my only hope. But in the end the choice is yours. What happens know is in your hands. Just know that whatever choice you make I won't be mad. And besides, you know the truth. The humans will never see you as their own."

"Don't try to manipulate her, Syrena! Stop tricking her mind!" Liz yelled causing the siren to snarl at the human.

"I am not! This is her choice, and her choice alone. I will not interfere."

Lynn looked down at the ground. Tuning out everything around her and going into her own thoughts. Silence fell before them all as light footsteps entered the grave yard. The Grim Reaper was making his way across to the small group. His face emotionless and eyes that lovely color of amber.

"Reaper." Syrena greets with a bow.

His sets his eyes over to Liz who sat in the small cage, a smirk taking his features before it quickly faded.

"Ah, Ms. Sherman. How nice it is to see you again."

"I'm sorry. Who are you?" Liz eyed him while waiting for a reply back. She was ignored. He turned to look at Syrena.

"It is time, my dear. Where is the witch?"

"Present." Sonya raised her hand as she drunkenly stumbled out of the shadows. Syrena sent her a look of disapproval and pure annoyance.

"Will you help Zeke find his way to us?"

All heads snapped towards the source of the question. Lynn. The little girl was looking up at her aunt with big yellow eyes full of hope. The siren gives a nod.

"If that is what you wish, than I will. Though it might take time. But he will learn to see things our way." Syrena assured.

It would indeed take time to convince Zeke, but he would see that along the world of magical creatures is were he truly belongs.

"You aren't going to touch my son! Lynn, just tell her no and let's go home! We miss you! You don't have to do anything. We'll get rid of that necklace. You can put everything that's happened behind you." Liz looks to her daughter, eyes pleading that she'd listen.

"No. I-I can't. I can't forget what happened, or the memories I saw," Lynn eyes welled up with tears. "I can't forget that you caused Aunt Syrena's death or the fact that you lied to daddy and made him hurt her! He didn't want to, mommy! Daddy loved Auntie and never wanted to hurt her! You...you--" she stops herself from breaking down into tears.

"Lynn." Syrena went over to her side in an instant.

"Shall we start?" Sonya asked with a slight drawl, and a hiccup. The witch just wanted this over and done with.

"The witch is right. Time is of the essence. You still have to pick one, child. Have you chosen?" Reaper asked. After a moment Lynn nods.

"I have."

She looked at Syrena who looked down at her, then to Liz who sat in her cage. Lastly she looked at The Reaper who's amber eyes waited for her answer.

"I choose those who have died and have been betrayed be those they loved. I choose to stand with all the fae creatures of this world. I choose Syrena."

¸.•*¨*'•.✘¸.•*¨*'•.

"The whole earth shook, the moon was red and fire rained down from the sky." Krauss said.

Not an hour ago had every mystical and human being in the world experienced the event had transpired. The 'word quake' was claimed to be an astonishing event that no scientists in the world could even try to explain. Director Manning and Professor Krauss went in search for Abe, only to find he was at Hell Boy's home. Trying to find his missing wife and daughter.

They arrived and were barley greeted seeing as the demon was to focused on watching his blue friend anxiously while he took his time to read around the house for any clues. He was deeply worried and just wanted to find his girls as soon as possible.

"It isn't much of a circus back at the BPRD. The creatures we've capture are being very reserved, even want to be in their cages. In fact, all over the world many creatures have gone into hiding. Whatever that was last night, it wasn't good." Manning said.

"Not hiding. They are aware of what's happening and are waiting for something." Krauss says.

"Liz...is gone." Abe announced to the people in the house with a frown. He stopped waving his hands when Hell Boy got up and started walking towards him.

"Gone? How? What do you mean Abe?!" Red asked. Liz couldn't be dead, she just couldn't.

"I mean Red, that she was taken. From this world to a place in between."

"How?" Manning asked. Another scan of his surroundings Abe pulled back his hand with a gasp.

"...Oh my god. She was here. In this house. Her presence is everywhere. How didn't I sense this before?" The fish man asked.

"Who, Abraham?" Krauss asked.

"Syrena." Abe and Red shared a look. That wasn't good.

"T-that impossible. She's dead." Manning said looking between the ex-agents.

"Was dead, I'm afraid. Now she's very much alive. And out for revenge against you, my son and all of humanity."

The four men all turned towards the front of the house and was met with another shocking surprise. Professor Bloom and Agent Myers stood looking as alive as ever and as if they both hadn't been six feet under. Hell Boy was the first to step forward while everyone else was were still trying to believe what they were seeing.

"Father?"

"Agent Myers?" Abe gasped.

"Wait--you guys can see us? Hear us?" Myers asked with wide eyes. He looked to the Professor who hummed.

"Yes. They can." Bloom said.

"B-but how?" Abe asked as Red reached out and poked his fathers cheek. It was warm not cold. Bloom smiled fondly at them both.

"I think you know already the answer, Abe. The world quake, raining hell fire, the moon's horrifying color. It is all because of my daughter. It is because of Syrena."