Chapter 1 : Regretts

"I love you." Hell Boy choked the words out.

"I love you to-"

A bang went through the camber. Syrena's eyes widen and she gasped. She pulled away from her brother and looked down. Blood was dripping through her dress. Hell Boy held his gun in his hand, aimed at her chest. Finger pulled back on the trigger. A single tear slipped out if her eye.

"Y-you shot m-me?" Syrena asked.

She could feel the night shade burning through her veins. It was getting harder for her to breath.

"I'm sorry." Hell Boy said.

Syrena dropped down on her knees as she started to cough and wheeze. Her eyes started to burn as the NightShade dripped out from under her eyes, mouth and nose. It was more painful than when the crown forced itself into her body. The necklace she wore snapped around her neck sliding off and going into the floor. The stone stopped glowing and turned gray.

Hell Boy watched as his sister started to turn a ghostly pale color as she go skinner and thinner, her Skelton showing through her skin. She took long deep breaths as she started up at him.

"I was wrong....you care more about those humans than me."

¸.•*¨*'•.✘¸.•*¨*'•.

Hell Boy woke up with a start. He looked over at the alarm clock, the glowing green numbers in the dark that read 5:30 AM. He sighed as he got out of bed and walked out of his and Liz bed room. As Hello Boy walked down the long narrow hall of his house he stopped at a red colored door.

Opening it slightly he peaked his head inside. Zeke and Lynn were bot sleeping peacefully in their room. Their room was slit in half; Zeke had his side which was red and gray, and Lynn had hers which was gold and light blue. Hell Boy smiled at them before closing the door.

Lynn's eyes opened. Eyes just like her father. But the rest of her appearance she got from her mother. Tucking her long black hair behind her ears she sat up in her bed. She looked over at her brother, who was wrapped up in his covers.

"Zeke." Lynn whispered.

Nothing.

Getting out of her bed, Lynn walked over to her brother's. She could her his faint snoring.

"Zeke! Dads up."

Zeke stirred before turning in his back to face his sister. His red skin and markings shining in the moon light coming from their window. His black hair dark, but eyes just like his mom.

"Again?" Zeke asked.

"Yep. I think I know where he's going."

Silently, the two creeped out of their room. The floor creaked under their feet at the same time and they shushed each other before continuing down the hall.

"What do you think makes him get up all the time?" Zeke asked his voice low.

"Nightmares." Lynn was sure that was the answer.

Light coming out from the crack of a door made them stop. Lynn went forward while her brother stuck to the shadows. Grabbing the nob she pushed the door open, it making a very loud creak. Zeke removed him self from the wall and stepped into the light.

"Lynn! Zeke! What are you guys doing up?" Their father asked.

The two twins looked at their father who was huddled over a desk that had an open book. They inched closer and they saw it was a photo book. Standing by their father they flipped through the pages.

"Is that you?" Zeke asked.

He was pointing to a Black and white photo of a little boy with dark skin and slightly big teeth, his horns broken off as he held a chocolate bar in his hand.

"Yeah kiddo, that's me." Their father replied with a smile.

"And who's she?" Lynn asked.

Her eyes stumbled along another picture of black and white. A girl with long black hair, pale skin, and brown eyes was in the picture. She was sitting in front of a Christmas tree, her arms wrapped around little Hell Boy's neck.

Big smiles on both their faces.

Lynn heard her father sigh. He sounded so depressed. What was making him feel this way?

"That would be Syrena, my sister. Your Auntie." their father said.

Lynn and Zeke's eyes brighten at this new information.

"We have an auntie?" Zeke asked.

"Yes-well-had an auntie."

Had. They had one. Lynn noticed her father hiding something in his big rock hand. She didn't say anything, just kept staring.

"What happened to her, papa?" Zeke asked.

"She...was killed. Murdered."

"By who?"

"There are stories-or where stories of a day when the most powerful creature in the world-would die at the hand of a demon. That was your aunt. And that creature-she did die by the hands of the demon....and that demon has regretted it ever since."

"What did the demon look like?" Lynn asked.

"What was it's name?" Zeke asked.

"Ah, look at the time! You kids should head back to bed! Come on let's go!" Their father said.

Zeke groaned and marched out of the room. Lynn stayed behind still staring at her fathers hand.

"Lynn, sweetie. Back to bed." her father said.

Lynn nods her head and makes her way  out the door. Grabbing the nod she pulled it close.

But not before seeing her father put away something in the drawer of his desk.

Something shinny and gold.