Chapter 6 : Crazy

After a few minutes Zeke went back into their room.The thunderstorm had finally stop. The sun was out. He wanted to see if Lynn wanted to play outside before going to school.

After closing the door he found his sister asleep in her bed. A smile on her face as she hugged her pillow. He walked over towards her. His body looming over her sleeping form. Zeke looked as the necklace that hung around her neck.

Ever since she put that thing on her neck she's been acting different. She gets too happy, angry, and sad. And sometimes he heard her talking to her self. Zeke remembered early when she pushed him and then yelled at him to get out. He didn't even do anything to her. She wasn't the Lynn he knew before. Zeke worried about her well begin, that the necklace was the cause of her acting this way.

He wanted his sister back. Slowly, Zeke unclasped the necklace from behind her neck. Lifting it up he cradled it in his hands before backing away from his sister bed. He ran out of their room, down the stairs and out the door. He was going to get rid of the necklace for good.

The necklace...

He took it!

He took it..

Get it back!

Lynn opened her eyes. The rain had stopped. It was now bright and sunny out. With a yawn she put her hand up to her neck. Nothing was there. The necklace was gone. Lynn sat up in panic. Where was it?! She went threw her bed sheets and under her pillow.

"No,no,no!" Lynn said.

Lynn felt numb, a dull emptiness within her heart and mind. The necklaces was her aunts, it made her feel closer to her. Be close to her. Lynn pulled at her hair before letting it go. Tears started to stream down her face. Then realization hit her. The voices said he took it.

Lynn turned her head towards her brothers bed. Zeke wasn't there. A growl came from her lips.

He took it.

Zeke took it.

Throwing her covers back roughly Lynn jumped out of her bed and ran out of their room. Stomping down the steps Lynn flung their from door open. She stepped outside and looked around until she found him.

Zeke looked down at the jewel in his hand, then back to what held in front him. Behind their house was lake. He planed on chucking the necklace as far as he could. He knew Lynn would be furious. But she would thank him once she was back to being her old self again. Throwing his arm back he was ready.

"NO!"

Zeke turned around and brought his arm down. Lynn stood behind him. Her cheeks red, breathing heavily. Once she calmed down she began to speak.

"Zeke what are you doing?" Lynn asked with a small smile.

"I'm trying to help you." Zeke replied.

"By throwing my necklace into the lake?"

"It's not yours...its Auntie Syrena's"

Lynn face scrunched up. She clasped her hands together.

"I know. That's why you understand why it's so important to me." Lynn said softly.

"Actually, I don't."

"Yes you do. It's hers, she owns it."

"She owns nothing, Lynn. She's dead."

"Just give it back!"

"No!"

"Zeke!" Lynn yelled frustrated.