Tags

Ax in hand and blood on his face and hands. Is this the Devil? The Prince of Darkness? Is this the person the old man was warring me about? The red headed man didn't seem to notice me, in fact he ignored me completely and walked into the back where the old man was. I was having a hard time in jugging whether to run or see if the old man was OK. In the end I decided to go and ease drop, just to make sure o more blood was going to be spilled. 

I didn't go into the room instead I stood outside and put my ear as close to the fabric "door" as I could without disturbing the material. "You know why I'm here. Your visions maybe fake, but I know you can smell the blood. where's your bathroom?" The young man was talking and all I could think was, so it was blood. 

"It's threw there. Why did you do it? She was a good women. She might have been cruel to you, but she loved you." The old man stated. Who were they talking about? What did he due?

The faucet turned on. "She never loved anyone and her nagging has finally come to an end." His voice was softer because he was in another room.

"There could have been better ways to settle things." The faucet turned off and the red headed boy's voice returned to normal volume. 

"There was no other way. She should have thought about all of this before she started drinking and banging a clown."

"Who will take care of you? She was your mother after all." I froze. The red headed boy that had come in here killed his own mother. I gasped and quickly put a hand over my mouth. 

"Did you hear that?" Foot steps started to get closer and closer. I quickly hid behind a shelf that covered most of me. I hoped in the dim light the boy wouldn't see me. The curtain opened and the red haired man popped his head out. He took a few step into the room and looked around.  "What did you hear?" He was looking right at me. I stayed still. "I can see you. Your shoes are bright green." My heart raced. 

I stepped out from behind the shelf. I quickly took a book off the shelf to arm myself, as if a book would stop a maniac from chopping me in half with an ax. I kept the book to my face hoping that the man would take pity on me and let me go, but instead I was dragged by the arm into the small room with the old man. "what did you hear? why are you here?" The red head yelled at me. I didn't now what to stay or rather I couldn't say. I was frozen in fear. The boy still had his ax in hand. What if I couldn't answer in time? would he chop me in half? Kill me where I stand? My mind went wild and I started to hyperventilate. "Blondey! I asked you a question." The boy started to walk toward me. I found myself backing up and kept doing so until I hit the side of the tent. It was cloth so there was no hard surface, but it still kept me from going anywhere. He kept walking toward me. I kept staring at the ax. "Answer. Or I'll-" Everything went black.

The pain in my head was the first thing I noticed. It felt as if I was hit on the back of my head with a shovel. The next thing was the voices. I wasn't alone. "She just collapsed. I didn't touch her I swear." 

"You threatened her with an ax. what do you think she was going to do."

"I wasn't going to hurt her. Well, not yet anyway. I just wanted to know what she knew."

I got up and started to move. "She's awake." I propped myself up on my elbow and rubbed my head with one of my hands. I brought that hand in front of my face to check if there was blood. There wasn't. "Are you OK?" I looked up and the red haired boy was standing above me. 

"Yeah. I'm fine." 

"That's good," He said as he helped me up, "I'm glad. So I can do this." He slammed his hand on the wall behind me and put the ax to my throat. A wall?I took a quick look around and it seemed I was in a small tin trailer. I had been moved. How long was I out? "Now I'll ask you again, What did you hear?"

I knew I was gong to die, so I just told the truth. "You killed your mother for sleeping with a clown."

He looked at me for a minute, almost stunned that I would be so blunt. Then he backed up a bit, took the ax off my neck and started laughing. 

"I didn't kill my mother because of her sleeping around. I didn't mind that she was a whore, or even a drunken whore, but I drew the line at her being a nagging drunken whore. You know?"

"Yeah I do." He was surprised that those words came out of my mouth. "My mother isn't much better. Although she is still alive. I wouldn't mind offing her." I smiled at him

"My name is Jerome." He said and held out his hand so that I could shake it, "What's yours?"

"I'm Alice." I extended my hand and shook his. 

"Alice. I have a feeling that we will get along just fine." His smile grew.