The Sound of a Gun

Jerome was out. He is out of Arkham. How? I stopped everything I was doing. I took the newspaper and opened it. I read it from cover to cover.  Besides the normal weather and sports announcements everything was about the new criminally insane gang called the Maniax. I was scared out of my wits. I ratted Jerome out for everything he had done. What if he came after me? What if he planned to kill me? I quickly looked around to make sure no one was looking and ran back to my place. I called work as soon as I got in the door and told them I was sick. They didn't like the fact that it was last minute, but they wished me well. Now what do I do? 

I deiced to go to the police station to see if they could help me, but I was to scared to leave the house. If I call 911 then they might just think I'm crazy. I needed to talk to detective Gordon and Bullock in person. Now the question was, how am I going to get to the police station without anyone noticing me?

I walked down the sidewalk slowly, trying not to draw any attention to myself. I had a black and red scarf around my head and sun glasses over my eyes. I know it wasn't the best disguise, but it worked until I got to the GCPD, which was about another seven blocks away. I walked a little faster hoping to get there a bit sooner. Some police men were walking a bit head of me. There were two of them. One was taller and skinnier than the other. I looked closely and the shorter one had brown curly hair under his cap he also looked like he loved to eat. Maybe I should ask them for an escort, I thought to myself, they would understand how I feel and get me to the building safely. Another four blocks to go. I deiced against it. They turned and walked down another street before the station. 

The police station was huge for a town of this size and it needed to be. There was so much crime going on in the streets of Gotham that we needed to have a police force this big. I walked into the building and it seemed to be bigger on the inside. That's it no more Doctor Who for me. I looked around really quick and saw detective Gordon on the phone. I waved at him hoping to get his attention. He glanced up and his eyes went wide. Thank god he saw me. I started to walk toward him as he walk toward me, but as we got closer I realized that he wasn't even looking at me. He passed me by without even giving a single glance and walked out the door. I continued walking until I reached the back room. I thought it would be a good idea to get a snack from the vending machine and wait for detective Gordon to get back. 

I looked into the machine. Cheetos or Doritos? That was the question. I was just about to put my money in when I heard guns go off! Not just one or two, but a couple dozen of them. What the hell was going on?! I dropped my coins and covered me ears. I wasn't sticking around to find out the answer to my questions. I ran threw the hall way back into the morgue. I almost vomited from the sight and smell of dead bodies. With my ears still covered by my hands I ran out one of the back doors. I didn't stop until I ran into a cop that was standing outside. I looked at him and dropped my hands. Tears ran down my cheeks. "Help! There are people in there with guns! They are shooting cops! Help please! Call everyone who is out on rounds to come back!" The man looked at me for a few seconds and then he laughed! He laughed right in my face. What the hell?! 

"I know there are people in there sweety," he smiled at me. 

"Then why don't you go in there and help the cops?"

"Because, I'm one of the bad guys. I'm their look out for any escaping witnesses." I stepped back further and further. He matched my pace and backed me up to a wall before taking his hand balling it up into a fist and, with great force, meeting his fist with my head. I blacked out instantly. 

...

I don't know how long it was, but I started to come back to my senses from the blow to my cranium. I noticed that my hand were tied behind my back and I seemed to be in a car or at least on something moving that had an engine. Next thing I knew I could hear voices. Slight, like they were whispering, but not as if in a different room. 

"Thank you so much for bringing her to me. I haven't seen her in so long. I missed her," One voice said.

"No problem boss. I have to admit she's cute. Do you mind if I took her for a spin once we get back to the warehouse?" Another voice questioned. A shot fired from a gun.

"She is mine. All mine. You understand that?"

"Y-Yes Boss."

"Good next time I won't miss. Remember that."

"Yes Jerome."

I opened my eyes wide in surprise. JEROME!?

**Thank you all so much for reading and voting on my story!! It means so much to me that you guys like it. Please continue to Comment, Vote, and Promote!! I'll see you all in the next chapter. I will update it next Saturday!**