The Hand That Feeds You

*Click* 

The fat man smiled as the gun next to his head didn't go off. Fortunately for him there was no bullet in the barrel. How is this a good way to see who the boss should be? Mr Galavan must be out of his mind. What if Jerome got hurt? Now it was Jerome's turn. He took it and cocked the gun. 

"Hey Greenwood, what's the secret to comedy?" He put the gun to his head and fired.

*Click*

"Timing." Nothing. I let out a small sigh of relief. "And what's courage?" Again cocking the gun and placing it next to his cheek.

*Click*

"Grace under pressure." There were only two more spots in the barrel for the one bullet to be. A fifty fifty chance. I held my breath as Jerome placed the gun under his chin and said his next words. "Who's the boss?"

*Click*

"I'm the boss." I ran to Jerome as soon as he put down the gun. I was so happy that he wasn't dead, although a part of me wished that the bullet would have gone through his skull. I ran to him and put my arms around him and barred my face into his back.

"You're the boss. God, I thought you were going to die there." I felt Jerome stiffen. I stepped back and he turn around. 

"What are you doing outside of the room?"

"I- uh, I- The door wasn't locked. I heard your voice, but then I saw this asshole put a knife to your throat. I knew that I shouldn't interfere  so I waited. I was so scared!" I started to cry. I had disobeyed Jerome and I knew I shouldn't have. Suddenly, arms were around me. Jerome was patting my back and trying to calm me down. I hugged him back and buried my face in his shoulder. My crying stopped. Jerome pulled back to look at me. 

"It's OK, darling. You'll be OK." I smiled up at him.

"Who do we have here?" The voice came from non other than Galavan himself. I hid behind Jerome not wanting to be seen by the other man, although I knew it was to late for that. 

"This is my girlfriend, Alice. Alice, meet Galavan our next mayor." Jerome extended his hand toward Galavan as if presenting him to me. 

"How do you do?" I nodded toward him, but stayed behind Jerome. Galavan nodded back and smiled. 

"So what are we to do now? We have gone on a rampage, made a name for ourselves. Killed a few cops. What now?" Jerome asked, bored.

"How about you terrorize some of the innocents," Galavan suggested. I saw Jerome smile.

"And how will we do that?" 

"How about we let the newest member of the team decide. Alice?" Everyone turned and looked at me. 

"Me?" I pointed at myself.

"Yes, deary. What would you like to do? Who would you like to kill?" I saw Jerome look at Galavan weird when the soon to be mayor called me "Deary."

For some reason a face came to mind. The face of Harley, one of my friends. She was always too peppy.  Too smiley. She was still in high school, in her senior year. I had already graduated two years before, but we kept in touch. I turned to Jerome and looked at him with my sweetest smile. I quickly went to the landline phone that was in the corner and dialed Harley's cell number. I had called her so many times before that, so the number was stuck in my head. 

"Hey. How is this?" She answered. 

"Hey girly! what's up?" I pretended to be as happy as she was.

"I'm on my way to the cheerleading championships with the squad!" I could hear the smile in her voice. 

"Oh to bad. I was gong to see if you wanted to hang out today."

"Sorry, We are just about to leave the school. Maybe some other time?"

"Yeah I'll see you later."

"We won't be back for a few days."

"Then no one will miss you."

"Wha-" I hung up before She could finish her sentence. Jerome looked at me and smiled.

"Do you have a plan?"

"Yes."I walked up to him to were my body was only a few inches from his so I had to look up at him. "How do you like your cheerleaders? Medium or well done?" 

As soon as I asked that question he knew what I had in mind. he brought his face down to mine cupped my cheeks and kissed me hard on the lips. "This is why I love you."

**I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in about a month. I got back to college and everything was hectic! I promise that I am starting to post every week again. Maybe every other week. I will see how it goes. Thanks for reading my story. Please don't forget to comment, vote and promote!**