New Me

This plan was supposed to be simple. Jerome, Barbara and I were going to disguise ourselves as the magician act at the gala. We would play the part, terrorize the room. Our one objective was to kill the acting mayor so that Galavan could take over. Then, Galavan was going to act like the hero and "kill" Jerome. Barbara and I were going to run away with Jerome's body. My Puddin' and I were going to go away from this place. We had talked of New York or LA, but now none of it can happen because Glavan broke his promise. Instead of stabbing Jerome in the side with a collapsible knife, he impaled him through the neck with one of Jerome's knifes used in the act.

 I stood there for a while watching as Jerome used his last bit of strength to force a smile on his face. Galavan talked to Jerome as he died, saying he sorry things didn't go according to plan. I was in such shock I couldn't move. I could feel Barbara pulling on my arm. She was trying to run away and take me with her, but I was stuck. Tears started to roll down my cheek. I reached up and felt the tiny water droplets as they fell from my eye. I wasn't sad. in only a moment I went from sad to depressed to mad to furious. I slowly took one of the other knives that were still on the display table and lunged at Galavan. We both immediately fell to the floor. I didn't stand a chance. Galavan was both taller and stronger than I was, but my adrenaline rush almost made up for it. I took a stab at him and cut straight through his jacket to his arm. Sadly, that was the only harm I did to him, what he did to me was much worse. 

Galavan used the same knife he killed my Puddin' with to end my life. I didn't get stabbed through the neck like Jerome, no, I got punctured right through my heart. I used the last bit of power I had in me to crawl over to, what was now the lifeless body of the person I once loved, Jerome and lie next to him. That was the last thing I did. We were together again in death and everything faded to black. 

.

.

.

My vision was hazy at first. Everything was just blurs of color. Sound came next I heard a big machine being turned off. My head felt like it had been hit over with a hammer several times. My vision started to clear up. The first thing I saw was a bald man with a black beard standing in front of me. he was wearing a white lab coat. 

"Hello." The strange man said, "My name is Hugo Strange." You got that right. "What's your name?"

I couldn't remember. Now that I think of it, I couldn't remember anything or at least nothing that had any concrete evidence of who I was. I could recall the color red. I saw this color on top of a boys head, it was beautiful. Then I remembered the color yellow. I recalled a vehicle full of girls, they were all screaming. Then it hit me. It was the only name that I could think of, so it had to be mine. 

"Harleen. My name is Harleen." I smiled at Mr. Strange.

"What else do you recall?" He asked me.

"Nothing much, random colors and faces, but other than that nothing. Where am I?" I responded.

"One moment please." He walked over to a woman who was standing in the corner. She was also wearing a lab coat. I could vaguely hear their conversation. 

"She doesn't know exactly who she is, but I believe that in time she will remember. We need to keep her in the dark....." They started to talk a bit quieter,"...she doesn't seem to be the same. She's not crazy. She's worthless. I think I know what to do with her." 

Mr. Strange walked over to me. "My dear you are in Arkham Asylum. You are an intern here. You feel down on the job and was brought here to the infirmary. I think that bump on your head took a bit too much out of you. Why don't we get you back to your work station I think it will help."

"Thank you very much Mr. Strange-"

"Dr. Strange, please."

"Dr. Strange. Thank you, but I still don't know my full name. Do you remember it?"

" I do my dear. Your full name is Harleen Frances Quinzel. Now Ethel here will take you back up to your desk." Ethel was the lady the Dr. Strange was talking to earlier.

"One second sweetheart," She said to me and then went over to Strange, "Are you sure about this?" I heard them talking.

"It's the one way I can keep an eye on her. I'm sure." And with that I was lead up to a desk right outside of Dr. Strange's office. 

My head wouldn't stop pounding. I thought I heard voices, someone talking to me from deep within my head. It was as if someone was laughing at me or with me. 

**Hello My Lovelies! I'm sorry that I haven't updated in forever. There is no excuse for that, but I promise to continue on this story. Now with the matter of the story line. Because the new season of gotham is coming out soon I want to wait and watch for Cameron on the show. We all know he's going to pop up at least once. So I want to wait for that moment so I can write the real timeline and keep the story as true to the show as possible. I might put a fluffer chapter in here or there, but it might be a good week or two until I update again. I hope you understand. Stay weird!**