Show Time

That night I slept like a bug in a rug. I woke up to see the other side of the bed empty. Sitting up, I looked around, Jerome was no where in the room. I got out of bed still in my birthday suit from the night before. Quickly, I put on my bathrobe and started to walk around the apartment. While walking through the hallway I heard Jerome's laughter from downstairs. I smiled to myself, Jerome's maniacal laughter always made my heart flutter. I followed the sweet sound and soon enough I found myself sitting next to Jerome in the living room eating breakfast. 

"Today is the day. Are you ready for it, Kitten?" I loved it when Jerome called me Kitten. 

"Yes I am Puddin'." I chirped back at him. Jerome smiled and chuckled. 

"It's Puddin' now? I like it." 

I giggled as I ate my breakfast. I couldn't wait for tonight to come. I was going to be Jerome's little assistant. I even picked out my costume I was a green glittered leotard. With a matching feather hat and green pumps. Green was my favorite color. Unfortunately I had to buy two of them, one for me and one for Barbara. She didn't like the color, but to bad for her there was nothing she could do about it. 

Speak of the devil and the devil shall appear. Not two seconds after I started to eat my breakfast again, Barbara walked in. She skipped and giggled like a little school girl and took her seat on the other side of my puddin'. I hated that woman she was crazy as crazy could be and she was alway a little too close to Jerome. I knew she had an eye for him. Jerome liked her mental mind and her extreme thirst for blood. It didn't take long for Barbara to start flirting with my man. She was laughing at whatever her said and touching his arm. I couldn't take it anymore. I stormed out of the room and headed toward the library.  I sat down a started to read some random book that was on the nightstand. I wasn't really reading it. I tried, but I was to pissed off. 

Jerome came in a little while later. "What's the matter baby doll?" He asked as he sat down in the seat across from mine. 

"Why don't you ask your girlfriend?" I felt like a little kid with my pouting, but I didn't care. 

"I did. I asked you."

"I ment Barbara." 

"Why would I ask Bar- ohh that was nothing. You know you're my girl. Barbara is nothing. She's just a ditsy blonde."

"I'm blonde too! Does that make me ditsy as well?"

"No of course not. Who else would I take with me to New York, if not my girl?" Jerome smiled at me.

"New York? Why would we be going to New York?"

"I thought after everything was said and done tonight, after Galavan "kills" me tonight, you and I could slip away to somewhere new. Somewhere no one knows us and make a new start."

I couldn't keep my excitement inside.  I jumped up and ran into my puddin's arms. I drowned him in kisses and couldn't stop saying thank you. A new start is all I wanted. A chance for us to be a normal couple. Then, I remembered about the gala tonight. I needed to start getting ready and so did Jerome. There was only a few hours until we needed to go. 

Once I was done with my shower and with my makeup, I went to my closet to put on my outfit. I was excited to put on my green glittered outfit, but instead I found a pale pink rhinestoned one. What the hell? I stormed out in my robe holding the ugly colored piece of clothing. I knew exactly who did this. Barbara. She hated the color and I knew she liked pink over all else. I stopped mid track in the hallway. I didn't have time for this. I needed to leave in an hour. I couldn't argue with Barbara now.  

I finished getting ready and put on my new god awful outfit. Jerome, Barbara, and I all took the van to the gala. The first thing we did was take out the existing act and replace it with us. It was a piece of cake. Jerome had a little fun with it too. I saw Galavan arrive. everything was in place. Jerome had made up a silly name on the spot to put on the announcement card. 

We were standing back stage behind the curtain. I looked at Jerome. He was wearing a wacky mustache and a mask. I gave him one last kiss before the show. 

Then I heard it, "Let me introduce the amazing Rodolfo." Show time.