Lost and Found

Turn left.

Straight down this hallway then a right. 

I need to get this work done. If I don't Strange will kill me! I was rushing around Arkham doing my daily things. Organizing, typing up reports, and checking in with Dr. Strange to name a few. It was almost the end of the day, around four in the afternoon. After I was done with work I would go back to my place and sleep. That was my life, that was all I knew...literally. I still remember the day that I woke up in the weird room with that big machine, but I still can't remember anything for before it. There were more images and sounds that came into my head, a gun shot, a mask, a smile. Dr. Strange said that I was abused in my past and so my brain was protecting itself. Now I have a sort of PTSD. Random things set it off and when the episode happens I can't stop it. Sometimes I would curl up into a ball during work. I feel more like a patient here than an intern. I even sleep here. There is a small room that I sleep in. Dr. Strange says it is my payment for working. I get a room, food, and mental treatment instead of a paycheck. 

I turned the corner to see room 207. Damn. I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere.  I hand been an intern here for a year and I still don't know the whole building. I get lost all of the time. I looked through the small window in the door. The place looked a bit familiar. I opened the door and walked inside. The hallway was long with many other doors leading to different places. Not all of the doors had windows to them and I feared to set off an alarm so I only went to the doors with windows. I walked down the hall to the third door on my left and looked through. It was the room. The same room I woke up in about a year ago. I couldn't believe it. Dr. Strange said it was the infirmary, but that place never looked or felt right. Images popped into my head right then. The sight of blue liquid past my eyes and the sounds of whispers rug in my ears. It stopped after a moment. I continued on. I looked in every window, nothing else seemed familiar. The last door at the end of the hallway had no window to it. I almost paid it no mind until I saw that it wasn't shut. My curiosity got the better of me. I peeked inside, just a peek. 

I saw red on top of a boys head, just like in my visions. This boy wasn't living though. He was in a tank with shorts on. There was a wire hooked up to him and his neck had stitches in it. He seemed so real. I had the weirdest sense of deja vu. Then it happened again, the visions. The time it was more of a feeling that washed over me. Love, fear, adrenaline. It all came crashing down at once. Whispered starred to overpower my sense hearing then came a laugh that I had heard before. It wasn't stopping this time. I closed my eyes and put my hands over my ears. I crumbled to the floor. My leg ran into something sharp that was on the ground. I didn't bother to look at it.  It felt like I was being tortured for hours or days. Then I felt something wet driping from my hands. I pulled my hand back, blood, it was coming from my ears. I blacked out after that. 

.

.

.

I woke up in my office. My papers in front of me all neat, all signed. I looked at my in and out folders. It seemed that all my work was done. It must have been a dream or a nightmare. That was the only explanation. Then I remembered the blood. My hands went to my ears instinctively, but there was nothing there. A dream, I told myself, it was all a dream. My hand went down to my leg to scratch an ish, but instead I found a staple stuck in my calf, not so deep that I would need stitches but, deep enough to draw blood when I pulled it out. How did this get here?  I put it off as me being clumsy and finished up a few more things before I went to bed. Once all was said and done. I got my pjs on and crawled under my covers and fell asleep to the voice that was laughing in the back of my mind. 

A/N: New chapter!!!!! Sorry for the long wait. I wanted Jerome to be back on gotham before I put any real major story plots into my fanfiction. He took longer than I thought he would. But he will be back next week!! so I published this for all of you who begged me to update. Hope you all had a wonderful holiday and new year! Remember to smile my lovelies!