Read All Over

Everyone was brought back to the Gotham police station. The clowns, Acrobats, Stage crew, and the Ring Master, they were all there inside. Upon arrival Jerome was put into the office for questioning. I was lead into a different room for questioning as well. The man who was doing my interrogation had a beard and wore a hat. 

"Hello," the man said slamming a file down on the table, "My name is Detective Bullock and you are?"

"Alice." I tried to keep my voice even. 

"So Alice, I would like you to tell me exactly what happened at the circus today."

I didn't want to lie to him. I was never a good lair. Plus I was wondering if they could help me get away from Jerome. He was a nice kid and he made me laugh, but there was something off about him. I know he killed his mother, but It seemed like he wouldn't stop at that. It seemed as if he wanted to watch the world burn. He scared me.

I told the officer everything. As much as I knew. I told him that Jerome had killed his mother and he told me himself. I told him that I wasn't his girlfriend and I was there to watch the show and how he knocked me unconscious and kidnapped me. the officer said that he needed more prof than just my word. So i told the cop about Jerome cleaning up in the fortune tellers tent. That give the cop an idea and he walked out of the room. 

About twenty minutes passed and the cop came back into the room. "Jerome is going to jail." My eyes went wide and my heart sank. I should be happy shouldn't I? Jerome is no longer going to bother me. He will be put away forever. I should be happy. Then why did I feel as if I just killed my best friend?   

I was realized and let out of the room. As I exited the space I saw Jerome being lead out of the building in hand cuffs. He looked at me right before he left. He had a look of hurt on his face, then for a split second I saw him with a smile that could make a baby cry.  I heard that he was going to be held in Arkham Asylum. It was near to impossible to break out of and everyone there was criminally insane. After Jerome was taken away I walked out of the police station and walked back to my place. It had been a weird night and I wanted to lie down. Everything would go back to normal tomorrow. 

.........

Three months had passed since I went to Haley's Circus. Jerome had been put away for good and I was back at my old job. Life was as it should be. I started to go see a psychologist since that night at the circus. Her name was Dr. Sarah Quinzel. I hung out with her daughter, Harley, a lot. She reminded me of Jerome sometimes, but she wasn't as crazy or murderous. Dr Quinzel helped me realize that Jerome was bad and insane and that I needed to stay away from him. Her daughter on the other hand kept saying how awesome he sounded. So I always had o conflicting voices in my head, but I didn't mind. it wasn't like I was ever going to see Jerome again anyways. 

I was walking to my job one morning when I saw the paper. "MANIAX MASS MURDER!" The picture was of seven dead bodies on the ground. Paint on their bodies spelled out the word MANIAX! I picked it up, paid the vender and started to read. "Six escaped inmates of Arkham asylum have join forces and are now running around Gotham creating terror and havoc. Just yesterday They killed seven people and..." I continued to read. The names of the escapees were listed below along with pictures, just encase anyone saw them walking the streets. And there in black and white was a picture of my red headed boy with the name Jerome Valeska under it.