The Morning Of

Tobins PoV
I awake from my peaceful sleeping to have light shining into my face from the window. I groan, looking at the alarm clock seeing its only 8:30. Normally I would wake up at 10, but i promised Alex we would hangout today. I get up and go to the bathroom to get ready. I come out and look for clothes, putting on black joggers and a nike sweatshirt along with my PDX snapback.

I went out into the kitchen to get some breakfast, waiting for Alex i turned on the news to pass time. As I was getting cereal, the news headline caught my attention.

"Alex Morgan to Orlando Pride: latest trade details, comments, and reactions."

I stopped what I was doing and stared in awe at the TV. I thought this has got to be a sick joke right? She would have told me if she was traded. I was so in shock that i didnt even hear the key in the lock and my front door opening. Wasnt until i heard my favorite raspy voice that i finally snapped out of my trance.

"Hey tobs, hope your ready for what I have planned today!" Alex said with a smile.

Still no answer from me. How could she be all giddy and happy and still come in here not telling me?

"Tobin? You okay?" I heard Alex repeat.

"When were you going to tell me?" I forced the words out.

"What are you tal-" she saw what i was staring at on the tv. She turned back to me, her piercing blue eyes burning a hole into my heart. She had fear creeping up on her face, i could tell she was surprised that i found out.

"When were you going to tell me?" I repeated with a little bit more anger that i wanted to.

"Tobin I was going to tel-"
"YEAH?! When?! Huh, when you were already in Orlando for the season? Huh? When Alex, when were you going to tell me, Your bestfriend in the whole world?!" i shouted.

I looked up and saw her almost in tears, i never yell at Alex. Not even when im pissed after a bad game. I could never yell at her, but i just did.

"Tobin, im so sorry. I was really going to tell you, today when we hangout. I asked them not to release the news until tonight, i begged. I didnt want you to find out this way. Im so so sorry Tobs."
         "How come you didnt say anything earlier? When they contacted you or when the trade was being finalized? How come not then, why now? After its already happened?" I ask, a pleading tone hinted in my voice.

"I didnt want you to freak, i didnt want to see this reaction that i see now. So i put it off for awhile. But now that i did i regret it because you shouldnt have found out this way. And im sorry that you did. God tobin, im sorry about everything" alex explained.

I could barely look at her, i was just so upset. Anger, sadness, amd confusion came over me. I didnt want to see her anymore today...maybe ever. So i did the only thing that clears my head when im upset. I ran towards the door grabbing my longboard on the way and ran out. Leaving Alex alone in my apartment crying. As soon as i hit pavement, i went to the only place that could clear my head...the beach.

Alex PoV
I was so beyond excited to hangout with tobin today that i got up at 6 just so id have enough time to get ready and look good. I put on a pair of yogas and the sweatshirt she got me for my birthday, not bothering to pick up my wedding ring as i rushed out the door to my car. I arrived to tobins apartment 10 mins later, i was so excited that i practically ran to her door. As soon as i got inside she looked alittle confused but i just left it and said hi. When she didnt respond i started to get worried, but then i noticed the tv. My heart shattered.

She wasnt supposed to find out, i was suppose to tell her. Me! Her bestfriend, and i couldnt keep her from it. From everyone, the media, fans tweeting about it. Nothing. I felt a pit forming in my stomach as i looked up into her eyes, hurt written all over. I tried hard not to cry, but it was too late. Tears were pouring down my face...and next thing i know i hear a door slam and tobins nowhere to be found. I totally fucked this whole day up.

I hurt the one person i never wanted to hurt.

Authers note: HEYO! So okay this is my very first fanfic so im sorry if its not that good so far but i promise i will try to write better. This was just an intro chapter so the next ones will definately be longer! Hope you like it so far and leave suggestions in the comments! Happy thanksgiving:)