Fighting for all the right reasons

Tobins pov

It had been 2 weeks since tobins talk with kelley and she played through multiple scenarios about how to tell alex. She thought about calling or texting her to meet somewhere but she settled on showing up at her house. Unfortunately nobody was there. Tobin didnt know what else to do to tell the beautiful blue-eyed girl. She was stumped on everything.

She remembered kelley telling her when alex was leaving...the 17th. Thats tomorrow! Tobin started freaking out, but then thought of the perfect plan to win over alex. She had to grab a couple things first

Alexs pov

I leave tomorrow and i was really hoping tobin would have came around by now. I know i hurt her but i was just realling wishing she would. Everything in my apartment had been fully packed since yesterday. I had left clothes out to wear for the next 2 days that i would later put in my carry on. I couldnt believe i was actually leaving.

Portland has been my home for the past 3 years. My home that tobin and i built together. We created an infinite amount of memories here...and i dont know if im ready to leave them yet.
I dont know if im ready to leave her yet. Theres so many unspoken words between us that might never be said. Portland will always have a place in my heart. As will tobin. I could never forget these two things that have been a major impact on my life.

My flight leaves around noon tomorrow so i can atleast sleep in alittle bit. I am not looking forward to leaving behind the only thing that keeps me sane...Tobin.

Tobins pov

Kell told me alexs flight leaves at noon so i should be there around 10:30 to ge tthrough security. She said alex would be there way before then. I could only hope.

I got up to get ready, taking a shower and brushing my teeth. Finding clothes to wear was probably the hardest. I ended up going with black skinny jeans, a white vneck w a red flannel and my white hitops. Alex loved this outfit so i only found it appropriate to wear it as i poured my heart out to her. My clock read 10 and i started to become really nervous. I had practiced a speech over and over in my head multiple times, revising it more and more. I can only hope that by doing this she'll stay with me. Ill drop everything to be with her in the blink of an eye. And thats what im doing.

I get in my car and head to the airport playing 'I Dont Wanna Miss a Thing' by aerosmith...our favorite song. I pull into short term parking and head to security. I already got a pass so i could go beyond security but not on a plane. I felt a pit for in my stomach as i stepped into line. I was really hoping i didnt totally screw this up.

Getting through security took around 45 mins because i didnt have TSA precheck. I looked on the tvs for alex's gate and started heading towards it. My legs and hands started to shake as i got closer to her section. As i got closer i saw a skinny brunette walking the same direction about 50 feet infront of me. Hair in a ponytail with her signature pink prewrap around it, keeping her adorable flyaways tucked in. This is it tobin, now or never.

"Hey superstar" i say using a nickname that hasnt been said in so long.

I see her freeze and slowly turn around, i gaze into her beautiful blue eyes trying to read her. Surprised and confusion written all over. I slowly walk up to her,

"Lex, when i found out about your trade, ill have to admit that i felt like my whole world shattered infront of me. I didnt think i could function the hours following it...and when you showed up at the beach it only made it worse. I felt completely alone and lost, i didnt know what to do after that day. I thought signing with Paris again would help me numb things, help me forget the pain. The pain of losing you." I paused catching my breath, "a little squirrel once told me that when you love someone you tell them, even if youre scared of what will be the outcome. Alex i am so unbelievably scared of losing you, losing every part about you. Youve been through thick n thin with me, through injuries, through bad games, and through heartbreak. I just never thought that this last time you would be the one breaking my heart." I could see alex wince at the last part so i paused, giving her time then adding on, "but alex you see, you might have hurt me this last time, but that will never overcome the feelings i have for you. I love you Alex Morgan and ill shout it on the highest rooftop of the tallest building if i have to. I love the way your voice sounds in the morning, i love that you laugh at all of my stupid jokes, and i love the way you glow in the night sky. Your the light in my darkness and i cant be myself without you. Im willing to drop everything in the world for you Alex. I love you beyond words and i cant live without you. Your my rock and you keep me moving everyday." I finally start to breath, not noticing that i practically said all of that in 5 breaths...at least.

I look at alex as tears start to pour down her face. Im becoming more and more scared by the second when she doesnt say anything. I start to turn into a full on panic until i hear her faintly say,

"Well thank god" and immediately her lips are locked on mine. I kiss her with passion that ive been holding in forever. I slide my hands down to her hips picking her up in one swift movement. I feel her put her arms around my neck and wrap her legs around my waist. I smile into the kiss until im almost gasping for air. I pull back and set her down, she looks at me with her piercing blue eyes.

"I have loved you since the day i set my eyes on you Tobin Heath, ive been too much of a coward to admit them to anyone but kelley. I married servando because i thought it would help me get rid of my feelings for my bestfriend. I love him, i do but its not the way i love you tobs. I dont look at him the same way, he doesnt give me butteflies like you do. Your the only one that can do that to me. I dont know what this means for us, but all i do know is that i wanna be with you...forever." Alex explains leaning up at the end to kiss me again. Ive been waiting for fricken ever for that.

Alexs pov

I hear a voice behind me and immediately recognize it. I turn around slowly shocked at the sight before me. Tobin starts to inch forward slowly and begins to speak. She begins to tell me everything shes felt for the past years and i cant help but think, this should have happened long ago. She keeps talking and i start to feel tears burning at my eyes, but not the tears of sadness and regret like recently, these are tears of pure joy and happiness. I am completely breathtaken at what she is saying right now it doesnt feel real. I notice shes done talking and standing there waiting for me to say something. Im still in shock so say the only thing i can think of, "Well thank god," and i pull her in for a kiss that has been long over due. In this moment i really think im on cloud 9.

I feel her hands slide down my sides to my waist leaving a tingling sensation on the way. I cannot believe the love of my life just poured her heart out and is kissing me. Best day ever. She puts me down and i finally tell her that i love her. Something ive been waiting forever to do. Screw orlando, im staying. And with that i tell tobs to take me home, back to her apartment which she thankfully hasnt given to allie yet.

I am so in love with this woman. And im never letting go.

Authors note- well here you go guys! I have to admit it was kinda hard to write this at first but then it just flowed out. Hope you really like it and there are more chapters to come about their futures together! Enjoy!