When a Heart Breaks

Fyi: alex will be traded back to portland under another deal. Ya ik that probs cant happen but its fanfic so deal with it:)

Alex pov

Today was the day servando was flying in from Orlando. He had an upcoming game against the Timbers so i told him i would meet him for lunch. I am currently freaking out right now because i dont know how he will react to me and tobin being together. I guess tobin could tell i was nervous because she spoke up.

"Hey you alright? Youre hand doing that shaky thing you do when your nervous about something." She said.

"Uh? Oh yea" i held my hand, "just really not looking forward to telling serv. I mean how will he react yenno? What if he totally blows up in my face! I dont know how im gonna handle this tobs." I respond

"Hey its gonna be fine alright? Ill be waiting in the car in the parking lot so if you need anything just shoot me a text okay? Youre gonna be fine babe he wont hurt you."

Tobins words lightened me up a little bit but i was still scared about the lunch. We headed out to the car and went to the resturant. Tobin pulled in as i gave her a quick kiss and said ill be back soon. I headed in and saw he was in a booth, he noticed me walking towards him and stood up and gave me a hug.

"Hey alex, hows your day been?" He greets.

"Uh good so far, ready for the game?"

"More than i'll ever be. I cant wait to win."

"Sounds great! Uh look serv we need to talk."

"Yeah we do lex, i saw the photos of you and tobin at the airport." He says, sadness poking through his words.

"Im so sorry about those servando i really am. I came here to talk to you today about those actually...this isnt going to sound good but...im in love with tobin, and i have been for awhile...since before we were married. I thought marrying you would help me get rid of those feelings for her and make me feel more for you but they didnt. I was losing her coming to orlando for you and when she came to the airport she really opened my eyes and told me to follow my heart...and my heart is with her." I feel a tear fall down my cheek. I look up and im met with the saddest yet most understanding pair of eyes.

"Lex...i get what your saying. I really do. I see the way you look at her, and it pains me to see it because you never look at me the same way. I guess ive kinda known for awhile that you two had something more than a great friendship but i just never wanted to believe it. Alex all i want is for you to be happy, thats all i want. Wether its with me or somebody else. Tobin makes you happy, more than i ever could. When i didnt see you get off that plane a couple days ago, i knew, i knew that you had chosen her. It just hurt a little more when i saw the news. I love you alex, ill always love you, but you and tobin deserve each other. I hope you guys have a good relationship, and dont ever give up on her alex. You deserve the world and tobin can give that to you. Tell her i say no hard feelings and to make sure she takes care of you. I love you lex." He started to get up but i quickly grabbed his hand and slid in my ring.

"This is yours, i hope you find happiness serv. Thank you for understanding."

"Always." And with that he turned around and walked out the resturant leaving me standing there at the edge of the booth.

Tobins pov

It wasnt long until alex came back out and got into the car.

"So...how'd it go? Whatd he say?" I ask her.

"He was really understanding actually. Said he figured theres been something between us for awhile and the news proved him right. He said to say no hard feelings to you and that he was happy for us. I also gave him my ring back, wouldnt feel right to keep it." She responds looking down at the floor of the car.

"Im sorry lex, i know that must've been hard on you...and him."

"Its okay now toby, i got you and thats all i need." She says leaning in and kissing me.

Authors note- hey sorry for the long wait! I know this is a super short chapter but i have an even better couple of ones coming after this in the near future! Feedback is appreciated and leave suggestions! Thanks for reading!