You Deserve It

A/n- thank you to infinitefanfic for this idea!
____________________________________________

"Hey Jill!" Jill heard her name called from across the lobby to see tobin and amy were walking her way.

"Hey guys, whats up?" She says gathering her practice notes and standing up.

"We were actually hoping we could talk to you for a couple minutes. Its really important and we want to run it past you first before we do anything." Amy say looking nervous and excited.

"Yea sure, lets head to an empty conferance room okay?" She leads the way to the nearest one, glad that the first one was indeed empty.

Amy and tobin sit across from her and one of the tables and begin, laying out their plan they have thought up.

"So heres what we came up with..."

*****

Morgan and kling were in syd an pinoes room hanging out, playing a game of mario kart on the tv.

Kling was just about to win when Pinoe shot a shell right at the back of her cart and spun her out in just enough time for pinoe to pass and win.

"HA! SUCK IT BITCHES! PINOE'S THE REIGNING QUEEN!" Pinoe yells while doing a weird dance on her bed, rubbing it in in everyones face.

"Ya ya sit down before you kill one of us with those moves pin" syd says while sliding pinoes legs from underneath her, laughing as she hits the bed hard.

"Hey! Dont be a sore loser just because you lost...again for the 5th time today!" Pinoe yells back in defense.

"We only lose because somebody cheats!" Morgan yells back in protest.

"Oh youngin' you have a lot of excuses. Just accept that you lost and i am queen. Then we can go get lunch." Pinoe says while putting shoes on.

"We were gonna go to lunch wether we say that or not." Kling says while walkin out the door.

"Yea sorry pinoe but we're never gonna call you that." Syd says while following.

Morgans standing up just as pinoe pushes her way past her, knocking her down and running after syd, tackling her in the hallway.

Morgan gets right outside the door when she hears her name called. She turns down the other way an sees tobin and amy walking towards her.

"Hey guys, what are you doing?" She asks.

"Nothing, we just need to talk to you. You got time?" Tobin asks back.

"Yea, hold on. HEY KLING! Wait for me in the lobby!" She says to kling who is getting a screaming pinoe off sydney.

They walk into her hotel room and close the door just as pinoe yells in protest,

"BUT I AM QUEEN! RECONGNIZE ME FOR WHO I AM!" While pulling on sydneys hair.

Morgan laughs and goes to sit down across from amy and tobin who are on one bed.

"So what do you guys want to talk about?" Morgan asks.

"Well, we actually came her for an important reason." Amy starts.

"Yea, so uhm we know cheneys passing and retirement was hard on you. It was hard on all of us. Like ive said a thousand times, that girl adored you moe and she would want nothing more than to see you exceed beyond your years. She believed in you when you didnt, and we know none of us could ever replace her spot in your heart, but we wanted to give you something so that you could be even closer to her than before." Tobin states as she starts to pull out something from behind her back.

"Morgan, you have continued to prove to us and everyone else that you deserve a spot on the pitch. You deserve your spot in the midfield and everyone can see thats where you belong. You've come a long way kid and we couldnt be happier for your success. We wanted to give you something near and dear to our hearts...and we know cheney would want you to have it too." Tobin finally reveals what she was hiding and as she raises it into the air for moe to see, she can hear the catch in the younger girls breathing as she finally sees whats in front of her.

Tobin is holding up a jersey. But not just any jersey. Morgans new jersey, a jersey that reads Brian 12.

As morgan begins to have tears fall down her cheek, amy elaborates more on what this means.

"We see her style of play in you morgan. She taught you so well and you soaked in every word lauren gave you. You embraced the guidance she gave you and she made you the player you are today. She loved you more than life kid, and we know she would want you to take her number. She wouldnt want anyone else but you wearing 12 for the US. You might not think you deserve this moe, but trust us, you do. You deserve it so much kid. We're proud of you. She's proud of you. Take this, and everytime you step onto the pitch, you'll have a piece of her with you. We love you morgan, dont ever forget that." Amy finishes while getting up and hugging a crying morgan.

Tobin sets the jersey down beside her and does the same, engulfing her teammates into a big hug.

"I-i love you g-guys so much. T-thank you for everything." Morgan states while trying to keep her sobs in.

Amy and tobin give her one last hug and leave her be to see the jersey for herself alone.

She goes to pick it up, staring at the number that now lies beneath her name.

12

She holds it close to her heart, and whispers out loud,

"Ill forever love you lauren, thank you for everything."

She places the jersey down on her bed, and walks down to the lobby. She cant help but smile, knowing that her teammates gave her this big honor, and that they believe in her when she doesnt believe in herself.

"I wouldnt trade this for the world"