Turning page

Hopes pov

2 days after i asked kelley to marry me we decided on going out to celebrate. Alex and tobin were suppose to come with too but alex ended up getting sick, so they stayed back at the house. Right now me and kelley are on our way to the club that we found a couple blocks away. Kelley wanted to go dancing and after a very long and heated disagreement i caved because really? Who says no to kelley o'hara?

We just arrived and kelley immediately dragged me in and brought me over to the bar for a couple drinks.

A little while later kelley wanted to dance because she was far too gone and i cut her off with the drinks. I stayed behind because i didnt really feel like making a fool of myself. I payed the bartender a tip and turned around to see some guy clinging on to kelley. Immediately i got jealous and rage filled inside me. I walked over to them and pushed the dude.

"Stay the fuck off my fiancé!" I spit.

"Woah chill out dyke, just trying to have a fun time with this pretty girl." He says back, reaching out to grab kelley again.

I soon as i saw him do this i balled my fist up and layed one right on the side of his jaw knocking him back and down.

"Hope what the hell are you doing?! We're just dancing, chill the fuck out!" Kelley complains.

"No kelley you werent 'just dancing' he was practically grinding on you and you let him! Come on we're going back home." I say grabbing her hand and dragging her out the door to the car. I push her in and run to my side. I pull out as quickly as i can with kelley yelling in my ear.

"Seriously?! What the fuck was that? Are you crazy we were just dancing! Stop getting so jealous so quickly!"

"Jealous? Are you serious kell? He was fucking grinding on you and you just let him! Of course im gonna fucking punch him if i see him doing that." I explain while pulling up to the house.

She jumps out and runs up the steps to the front door, bursting it wide open scaring alex and tobin who were watching a game.

"You had no fucking right to do that hope! I dont know who you think you are, but after tonight you're definitely not the person i want to be married too!" She screams in my face.

I feel myself tense up and my heart sink in my chest. She turns around and storms off to our room slamming the door shut and locking it. I fall back against the door frame, still shocked by her words. They really hit home.

I see alex get up and come over to me, kneeling down so we're eye level.

"What happened?" She says concerned.

"Honestly i dont know. We were having fun, and she started to have too many drinks so i cut her off and she went away to dance. I payed the bartender and turned back around to see some guy with his hands all over her. I let it go for a minute but then he started to get too touchy. So i went over and pushed him off and he ended up calling me a name and went to reach for kell. Thats when i sucker punched him and kelley exploded in my face. And here we are now, her not wanting to marry me." I say, choking down tears.

"And do you really think punching him was the right thing?" Tobin adds in.

"Well wouldnt you do the same Heath? If it was alex?" I ask back annoyed.

"Okay, true. Alex you should go talk to kelley. Try to calm her down, me and hope are gonna go for a walk. Text me when kelleys fallen asleep okay?" Tobins suggested.

"Yea, sounds good. Sorry this happened hope, i know you were just trying to protect her. She didnt mean anything." Alex said while walking away to kelleys room, softly knocking on the door.

"C'mon dude, get up, we're going outside." Tobin said while pulling me up off the floor and leading me towards the back door.

We headed down the stairs towards the beach, finding a spot to sit in the sand.

"Hope, kelley really didnt mean the words she said. Shes obviously really drunk and to impaired to think straight. It'll be okay man." Tobin said softly squeezing my shoulder in reassurance.

"Drunk words are sober thoughts." I say looking down at my feet. I feel tobin wrap her arm around my shoulder and pull me in for a hug which i gladly take.

"Hope listen, in the beginning when you two started going out, everyone thought you'd be the one to break kelley. To put her at an all time low, that she wouldnt be able to come out of. But you've done completely the opposite. You've showed everyone that kelley is your number 1 priority, even before soccer. Shes changed you hope and its really a remarkable thing. Im sure in the morning she'll remember some parts of what happened and she'll apologize. Dont let it bother you, everyone can see that girl loves you more than any squirrel in the world. You're lucky you guys have each other hope. Dont let it die." Tobin said giving me a pat on the back.

"Can we go back now tobin? Im really tired and just want to sleep." I say with pleading eyes.

"Of course, Al just said kelleys out cold so you should be fine for the night. Lets go to bed." She said guiding me back to the house.

_________________________

Alex pov

I got up and went to kelleys room after tobin suggested i go talk to her. As soon as i walked in she began venting about the whole night and bashing on hope.

"Who does she think she is? Im so tired of this happening all the time! In public when someone gives me a look, shes always there trying to scare them off. Im starting to get so tired of it Alex i dont think i can do this anymore. At first i thought it was cute because she was protective but now its just ridiculous." Kelley shoots back furiously.

"Yea kell but from the way she described him touching you, i think anyone would have done the same. Shes protecting you because she loves you kelley. One of the many reasons why she asked you to marry her." I explain back

"WELL WHAT IF I DONT WANNA BE MARRIED?!" Kelley yells loudly.

"K-kell, you cant be serious. You love hope. Hell, youre in love with hope. And you know it too! Youre just too drunk right now to think straight. Wash up and go to bed before you regret anything else. Im dont talking to you." I say in disgust as i slam the door shut behind me.

I wait another 15 mins before i go and check back in on her to see her passed out. I text tobin to come back so we can all go to bed. I wait on the couch for another 5 mins before i hear footsteps and voices coming from the kitchen.

"How'd it go?" Tobin asks.

"Hope, shes in there passed out so you should be fine. Get some rest and we can all talk in the morning. Good night." I say while guiding tobin to our bedroom.

"Uh...it didnt go well did it?" Tobin asks nervously.

"No it didnt, in fact kelley yelled that she doesnt want to marry hope and that shes tired of her. Which im hoping is just her drunk mind flowing words through her mouth." I say while laying down.

"Oh...wow."

"Yea. Honestly how can she even say that? We all know kelley is way beyond head over cleats for hope. Everyone sees it. They've seen it since London happened. I think it was just the spur of the moment thing though. When she wakes up she'll probs forget most of this and forgive hope." I say hopefully.

"Well if  its not...we have some serious talking to do with kelley. Because if theres anything worse than seeing kelley devasted...its seeing Hope Solo totally shattered to bits. And i have a feeling thats just what kelley might do." Tobin says turning off the light and going to bed.

"We'll just wait and see i guess. I love you, goodnight."

"Love you too lex."

    ______________________

A/N uh oh? Whats kelley gonna do?

Sorry for short chapter but i just may post another one tonight if not, then early tomorrow morning. Leave questions and suggestions in the comments:)