We'll Sleep When We Die

Alex pov

After our last game for olympic qualifying, jill gave us a month off before we have to head back to camp. Some were going on vacation while others were going home. Everyone was at the airport right now saying our goodbyes before boarding our planes. Although we'll see eachother in a month it was still hard for all of us to say bye. I think kelley had it worse with hope. I said bye to syd as tobin was saying bye to arod.

"Ready to go babe?" I asked, heading towards the gate.

"As always superstar." She said smirking.

"Tobs we've talked about this, stop calling me superstar!" I retaliate.

"But why? You are a superstar" she defends.

"And so is everyone else in the soccer world." I say frowning.

"Yes everyone else is, but they dont know the superstar alex morgan like i do. The superstar in bed." She says winking while pulling me along.

"Smooth heath, real smooth." I say chuckling.

"Arent i always?"

"Shutup and lets go."

Our flight lands at LAX around 3. Me and tobin decided to come back to california and spend it in the beach house that her, kelley, and i all rent. We wanted to get away for awhile and just relax, and you can definitely do that here. It took alittle while to get from the airport to San Clemente, but i didnt mind one bit. I was just excited to be home...and with tobin. I couldnt wait to spend a whole month alone with her without any of our teammates interupting us. I promised her we'd go surfing every chance we got and she looked like a little kid on christmas hearing those words.

I snapped out of the memory to hearing a door slam shut. I looked left and saw tobin walking around to the back of the car and grabbing our bags. I slowly followed up after her taking in the view the house has to offer.

"Everytime we come here it reminds me of why we rent this place." I say outloud.

"Everytime i see you it reminds me of why i love you." Tobin responds smiling her goofy wide grin.

"Wow, the tobin heath is a romantic? Didnt see that one coming." I spit back, my words laced with sarcasm.

"Ha ha, so funny alex" she dropped the suitcases and walked towards me wrapping her arms around my waist, "but seriously though, i really do think of that everytime i see you." She said staring deep into my eyes.

I responded with a kiss on the lips, barely touching eachother. Tobin wanted to deepen the kiss but i pulled back as she looked confused.

"No no, gotta save that for dessert." I said winking and turning away to go make dinner. I let out a slight yelp as i felt tobin pick me up over her shoulder and lead me away from the kitchen. "Well it that case Al, im sure dawn wont mind if i have dessert a lot during this break." She says kicking open my bedroom door and closing it.

Im in for a lot on this trip.

Tobins pov

I woke up a couple hours later. I turn to my left and see alex still passed out wrapped in the sheets. I look to the alarm clock and notice its only 11pm. I give her a quick kiss on the head and slowly get out of bed not trying to wake her. I put on a sports bra and sweats and start to head down the back porch to the beach.

I havent been near a beach in so long it feels like, that i just wanted to come down and soak it all in. The sound of the waves crashing into the shore put me at ease. The last couple weeks have been so hectic that i havent been able to really stop and enjoy life for a moment. Its time like these that im thankful for everything God has thrown at me and made me the person i am. Without him i wouldnt have soccer or alex or this moment. Everything i do i owe to Him.