Chapter 10.

❀Chanel's POV❀

I put my right palm on my forehead and rubbed my temple with my left hand. I'd been having massive headaches lately and I'd been feeling nauseous. Sean had left a while ago, and I was in my room contemplating what could be wrong with me. I heard the front door open and listened to the sound of my parents laughing.

I walked downstairs to see my mom in my dads embrace. I noticed the way he looked at her and how much love he probably felt for her. As he pecked her lips she laughed and he chuckled. My mom always told me old stories about their relationship in college and it made me long for something like that one day.

As much as I hated to interrupt them, I had too, because the pain was so overwhelming.

"Mom?"

As my mom turned out of my dad's embrace, she looked at me and gasped. "Chanel what happened?" she half gasped. I began to panic and I felt sweat dripping down my forehead. I felt bile coming up my throat and I ran to the bathroom. I opened the toilet seat and vomited. Something was wrong though. It came out as blood instead of vomit.I heard my parents footsteps as they came inside and held my hair back as my mom was taking deep breaths. When I was done, I sniffled and flushed the toilet as I put my hand to my forehead.

"I just wanted to tell you, something doesn't feel right and I feel extremely sick," I said in a soft whisper. I blinked a couple of times and everything turned black.

❀❀❀

❀Ryan's POV❀

I pushed Courtney off of me as my phone rang. I had just woken up after my little blackmail deed with the whore herself. "Hello?"

"Ryan! You need to come to the hospital now!" I heard my dad say through the phone. I felt butterflies flow through my stomach in curiosity.

"What happened?!" I said as I got up and pulled my jeans on. I threw my shirt from the floor on and grabbed my shoes and car keys.

"Your sister."

Shock and panic sifted throughout my body. My sister was in the hospital. She'd been hurt again and I wasn't there to help her. "I'll be there in 10 minutes," I replied as I hung up the phone and opened the front door.

• • •

As soon as I got to the hospital I found my parents in the waiting room. "What's going on?" I half-yelled. They both looked at me with worried looks and my mom had tears streaming down her eyes.

"Your sister was vomiting blood and she passed out. We're not sure what's wrong but it could be serious. Her nose began to bleed when she got here," my dad answered in a serious tone.

I felt tears come to my eyes and I wanted to hit something. I sat down in a chair two seats away from my parents and threw my head in my hands. I had already fucked parts of my life up and I couldn't risk losing my sister. I wanted to scream my heart out. There was nothing I could do about this and it made me hate myself for it.

• • •

❀Chanel's POV❀

I was in a beautiful setting. Lots of colorful neon lights and stars aligned the area. People pranced around the room, dancing with their lovers as they smiled at each other with love in their eyes. They were all painted sets of blues, yellows, pinks, and lime greens. I longed to be apart of them and I got up to dance with them. Unfortunately, my legs buckled as I stood up and I heard someone murmur something behind me.

"Take my hand," the boy said. It was Sean. I tried to pull my hand up to touch him or just feel him, but my hands were glued to the floor. I tried to cry out but my lips were stuck together and tears began streaming out of my eyes. "Just wake up," he added. I tried to scream out but no one could hear me. No one would listen.

My eyes shot open. I sat up and felt my back aching from the uncomfortable mattress I was on. My head was in pain and I looked around to see an all white room and hospital appliances covering tables and a sink along a back wall. A tray of what looked like food was beside me but I wasn't in the mood to eat. I moved my hand to my face and felt a cannula on my face. I pulled it off and quickly put it back on when my breathing shortened.

"Oh you're awake," a nurse chirped as she walked in. She was quite round with her hair up in a black bun and rosy cheeks that seemed flushed. I gave her a weak smile as my response. She gave me a sweet smile in response as she tidied up around the room . "The doctor will be in to see you in a minute. You've been asleep for two days and they had to do some surgery around your lungs because you weren't exactly breathing."

Well that explained the pain on my left rib. I felt under the hospital gown I was wearing to touch the scar. It burned like hell and it was sore. The nurse showed me a couple buttons attached to the bed.

"And press this if you need me. I'm Katrina by the way," she remarked as she left with a cheery smile. She seems sweet. I couldn't exactly believe that I had been asleep for two days. Would that mean I had been in a coma? I hadn't even hit my head. My thoughts were interrupted by someone coming inside.

"Nice to see you awake Chanel," a woman about my mom's height exclaimed as she held a clip board in her hands, "I'm Doctor Sullivan."

I also responded to her with a weak smile because my throat was in pain. She smiled and asked me a couple of questions on how I was feeling. She said she would be getting results from my x rays and surgery in about an hour. I was nervous and grabbed the cup of water from the rest as I gulped it down. I hadn't realized how thirsty I was. She told me my family wouldn't be able to visit me until she had the results and that hurt me because I needed to see them and Sean. I just nodded my head reluctantly and laid down again.

❀❀❀

❀Ryan's POV❀

It had been two whole days and Chanel still wasn't awake. I hadn't left the hospital once and neither have my parents. My dad had called my grandparents and they brought us a spare change of clothes and food as they weeped with us. I had called Sean and he was here waiting too and I saw the frightened look on his face that never changed the whole time.

After what felt like hours, the doctor came inside the waiting room.

"Family of Chanel Ryder?" she questioned and we all stood up. A look of sorrow crossed the doctors face. "I am very sorry to tell you this but.."

❀❀❀

Finally got to update twins. What'd you guys think?? What's wrong with Chanel? Who knows, but for now go check out my new story 'Jamie' and tell me what you want to happen in either story! Hope you enjoyed !

Like, Comment, Vote, and Follow!💓
Forever yours,
-teenlovelife❀