Chapter 17

❀Chanel's POV❀

Month 2|| Day 3

Hello again. Well this sucks. My hearts failing. I barely see my friends. Good news is, Ryan finally told mom and dad about little Chloe. I finally saw mom smile for the first time in well, forever. Short and Simple. Until next time.

I shut the journal and shoved it in a drawer. I laid back and stared at my ceiling fan. The wings were covered with dust. I hope something found a home up there. Chloe's shrieks and giggles are heard throughout the house. Maybe I should just get up and hang out with the rest of my family. They always get quiet when I enter the room and I really don't wanna ruin a good moment. I'll stay in my room this time.

I look around at the tiny details of my room. Things that brightened the room once before now faded in their individual corners. I closed my eyes and began to dream of somewhere prettier than this. High mountains touching the clouds. Animals running through flower bushes and green pastures.

I'm interrupted by a knock on my door.

I glance at the door for a couple seconds before I get up and walk over. My hands hesitant to the knob but i twist it open anyways. Jordan is standing there with her bag clutched close to her side. Her curls are pulled into a high ponytail and her face is fresh with rose water. I smell the perfume I bought her for her birthday last school year. Sweet vanilla. She gives me a huge smile and pulls me into a hug.

"Girl you don't know how much i've missed you!!!"

There's my Jordan. Acting like there's nothing different about me. I hug her back and step back to let her inside. She steps in and takes a look around the room. "Wow dude this is the longest you've kept your room a certain way. No theme change ideas?" she asked. I used to change my room every month, constantly wanting something new.

I smiled at her. "I don't know I haven't really thought about it I guess." She shook her head and took a seat on my bed giving me 'the look'.

"Look Chanel I get it, you're sick. Your hearts failing. You're freaking dying. But the crazy thing is, it doesn't seem like you're dying because of your heart it seems like you're dying because you gave up on living." Jordan looks exasperated as she says this. I never noticed how much I missed her blunt personality. Lately everyone's been sugar coating things for me.

"I want to reorganize my room."

"Then what the hell are we still sitting here for?"

_________

Jordan was blasting J Cole through the car with the windows all the way down, screaming her lungs out. We were on our way to buy some things for my new room theme: Paris.

"AND I AINT NEVER DID THIS BEFORE NO I AINT NEVER DID THIS BEFORE NO I AINT NEVER DID THIS BEFORE NOOOOO I AINT NEVER DID THIS BEFORE!"

I looked at Jordan and busted out laughing. She was so into the song it was incredible. She continued to sing until we'd pretty much gotten to the store. We pulled into a parking spot and she rolled up the windows before unplugging her phone from the aux. I adjusted my olive green beanie and nodded that I was ready.

Vonnie's Room Decor used to be my sanctuary. Every time something went wrong or I was feeling bland, I would come here and pick an entirely different room theme to start off fresh. We stepped through the doors and the familiar smell of fresh cut wood and paint hit my nose giving me a sense of nostalgia. I exchanged a warm smile with Jordan as we began our search.

We walked through countless aisles throwing different things in our cart from lamps to dresser decorations, comforters and paintings. As we talked about old times and chuckled about past memories, a small jewelry holder caught my eye. It was in the shape of the Eiffel tower and little hooks outlined its borders. It was black and looked like it could hold all types of jewelry. Rings, necklaces and bracelets too. "I have to get this," i said to Jordan. She looked over it and nodded in approval before putting it in the cart and continuing to look for more things.

______

I unlocked the front door as Jordan struggled to hold the million bags we had from the store. We stepped into the living room where my mom and little sister were playing with Chloe. They looked happy so I went up the stairs without saying hi. Jordan followed me up into my room where we finally began to unload. I took old band posters and paintings off the wall, replacing them with photos of people sitting in Paris cafes and paintings of the Eiffel tower. I took my old rose red comforter off of my bed and replaced it with my new french white one. I set my new jewelry holder on my night stand and set up my old fashioned lamp. I even set up my brand new alarm clock on top of my dresser. Finalizing our decorations, Jordan and I wrapped white christmas lights around the room and flicked them on for detail.

The lights added a natural France like energy, setting the tone and mood of the room. It looked amazing and exactly how I'd imagined it to be.

"What do you think?"

"It's beautiful. This was a great idea Jordan thank you. I love you."

"Don't mention it love. You just keep staying strong, I love you too. Wait one minute I have one final touch." She left the room but returned shortly after with white roses in a black vase. "I just thought it would add a little enhancement," she remarks with a small smile. I take the flowers and set them on the dresser before embracing her in a huge embrace.

"Thank you, they're beautiful. Thanks for spending the day with me, I really appreciated it."

"Girl you know i'm down to hang out anytime just call me, really," she said assuringly. I smiled and nodded before walking her out and waving goodbye. I closed the door behind me and leaned against it, taking a deep breath. I went back into my room and took a moment to admire the sight of my room one more time before plopping on my bed. I was quite out of breath for just a small trip up the stairs.

My legs were aching so I decided to change into shorts. I slid my jeans down to reveal very swelled legs. I begin to panic and before I know it I'm out of breath again, coughing dramatically. I tried to get ahold of my breath but failed miserably as harder coughs continued to attack my throat. Before I knew it I could no longer breathe and my airway was completely blocked off.

Darkness swept my vision after the thud of my body hit the floor.

______

"Female, Heart Failure. She's conscious! We need oxygen on her STAT!"

"Oxygen tank, on it."

Blinding white lights. Doctors staring down at me as they quickly push me through doors. My chest hurts.

More darkness..

______

When I wake up the brightness of the ceiling light burns my eyelids. It's more calm now. I see Sean asleep on an old hospital chair. I wonder how long he's been sitting there. I didn't want to come back. I haven't had to be here since remission. There's tubes in my arms and an oxygen mask on my face. I sigh and close my eyes.

Darkness returns.

I don't wake up this time.

_______

unedited

GUYS IM SORRY FOR THE WAIT! I've just been so occupied with school and all i just could not find the time. i hope you guys understand and i'll try to upload the next chapter by tonight. Bear with me !!! Love you guys so much and thank you for the continuous support. THE STORY IS COMING TO ITS END SOON BE READY

Vote , Comment And Follow !! -teenlovelife :)