Chapter 14.

❀Ryan's POV❀

I knew what I had to do. I had to do this for Chanel. I grabbed my car keys off of the hospital counter in her room and gave her a hug goodbye as I walked out of the door. Making my way back to the front, I noticed people all along the halls in wheelchairs or walking slowly to their rooms. It pained me so much to think of Chanel ever being like that.

Before I stepped out of the main exit, I took one last glance at the small hospital. The red chairs were lined along an old peach colored wall. People filled those chairs as they watched whatever was the playing on the TV screen. Little children ran to watch the fishes in the fish tanks swim around anxiously. I just couldn't understand how everyone was so happy and normal while my sister was dying. It's like nothing even happened and that hurts to know.

I took my last step out of the door and just sprinted to the car, climbing in. Suddenly remembering Kylie, I texted Sean and asked him to drop her off at home when she was done playing with Chanel for the day. I waited for his response as I looked around the parking lot through the windshield. He soon responded with an "Of course" and I was on my way.

______

I didn't even bother to go home and shower first. I needed to see Alyssa now. It was dark out by the time I'd gotten to her house. I approached her front door and took a deep breath. I had to prepare myself for what she would say and how she would say it. I knocked on the door and held my breath as I waited.

"Coming" she yelled softly. Her voice flowed so beautifully through my ears. A voice I've been missing and needing for so long. The door opened and I got a glimpse of her beautiful features. The long wavy light brown hair. Those hazel eyes I could stare into for years. Her cute and kissable cheeks. I got a glimpse of all of it.

But then she shut the door in my face.

"Alyssa open the door please," I spoke softly through the door. I put my arm on the door and lay my head on it. "Please baby, hear me out." I heard sniffling behind the door and I knew she was biting her lip.

"Just go away Ryan. I don't want to see you," she responded with a voice that sounded so fragile it would break with a touch. I needed to hold her in my arms, to tell her how much I loved her, to be with her.

"I won't. I'll stay here all damn night Lys. You need to hear my side. You need to know why I did it. If I wanted to hurt you, I would've let you find out from someone else, I would've let you trust me. I love you so fucking much so just please open the door."

Silence. 

The door creaked open slowly and then fully. I took another breath as I looked at her. She was so beautiful. She looked up at me, searching through my eyes as she studied me. I suddenly felt awkward as I realized I hadn't showered, heat rising to my cheeks. She moved to the side of the door motioning for me to come in. I stepped inside and felt relief rush over me as I felt the comfortable warmth of her house.

She closed the door and walked upstairs as I followed. She went into her room and started moving things around her drawer as if she was looking for something. She pulled out a couple pieces of clothing, and threw them at me. "Here take these, you left them here, and shower. Your toothbrush is in the bathroom too."

I stifled a laugh as I caught my clothes and made my way to the bathroom. After my shower, I brushed my teeth and dressed myself. I opened the door and walked back to her room as I put my clothes in her hamper. She wasn't inside so I sat down on her bed as I looked around the recognizable room. Burgundy walls with a white line streaked around the top middle, reminding me of Victoria Secret.