Chapter 19

This is long overdue.

———-

General POV
It was a cold day. The sort of day where the sun peeks its head through the clouds but you can never truly feel it's warmth. The cold that you can't help but chatter your teeth in when failing to dress accordingly. The cold that mimics the feeling you get being in the hospital.

Flashback
"RYANNNNN COME ON LETS GO! WE'RE GONNA BE LATE!"

"IM COMING"

I bounced on my toes excitedly preparing for the super twins hero meeting. I was co-captain with my brother Ryan and we made all of the plans.

I heard footsteps shuffling down the stairs as I waited and soon enough, my twin brothers head became visible as he struggled to adjust his costume mask comfortably over his eyes.

"I'm ready agent C," Ryan said as he bumbled happily down the stairs. He ran towards me and we ran to our backyard together.

We used anything we saw as a tool to conduct our meeting. The grill was our podium and the grass was the elevated glass reserved for the superheroes.

"Alright Agent C, what's the plan for today?"

"Yes Dr. Command, we will be taking the mission save the children today, are you ready?"

"I'm always ready agent C."

"Let's do this then."

We sprinted outside our back gate and ran to the end of the cul-de-sac. I stepped behind the big green bush we hid our best belongings in and Ryan followed me. We neared a big brown box and peered inside. Inside was 4 small kittens peering right back at us. We looked at eachother and grinned wide.

"Well Dr. Command I think it's time you decide the plan for these unfortunate children," I said with confidence. Ryan looked at me and looked at the kittens and then looked at the sky, thinking.

We eventually came to the verdict that we would tell our parents after we snuck them inside and played with them for an hour or two. We ran inside with the box and giggled as we went into my room and let them out one by one. After about twenty minutes, there was a knock on our door.

"Don't worry Dr.Command, I'll get it!" I reassured him as I ran down the stairs to see who it was. I opened the door to see Ryan's 3 friends from around the corner.

"Hey chump, is Ryan home?" The oldest looking boy asked.

"Yeah he is but we're on a mission right now he can't come play."

"A mission? How old are you ? 5? Tell Ryan to get out here before we ditch him." They all laughed and I began to look down at my laces.

"Well I just thought me and him would hang out today cause you guys already did yesterday."

"Hey, listen loser go get your brother and tell him to come out. We're his friends obviously he's gonna choose to hang with us over his dumb kid sister."

"Me and Ryan are the same age! We're twins!" I shouted at him.

"Oh I'm so scared a little girl is yelling at me," the boy said sarcastically as his friends continued to chuckle behind him.

"HEY! Leave my sister alone. I'm hanging out with her today so get lost!"

Ryan's voice rang through my ears as I stifled a tear. I turned around to see him standing behind me with his mask gripped in one hand on the side of his stomach. He looked upset.

"You're so lame now Ryan. Whatever don't try to hang out with us later," the older boy said as they all finally rolled their eyes and skated off.

"It's okay Ryan you can go hang out with your friends. I'll always be here anyways they won't," I said with a pout.