Chapter 13.

❀Chanel's POV❀

3.

12.

84.

2,016

2,903,040

Shock.

3 months. 12 weeks. 84 days. 2,016 minutes. 2,903,040 seconds left of my life.

The amount of time I had left was inevitable and there was no changing it. Chemotherapy was my only hope but for some reason I didn't think I would win this fight. It felt wrong to be pessimistic  but I felt so empty, so tired of trying to be strong for everyone else, that i was worn out.

I was reminiscing on old memories as I laid on the uncomfortable hospital mattress. My mom had tried to move my pillows around to make me as comforted I could get, but it hadn't worked very well.

I thought about me and Ryan and how we used to ride our bikes to the park every Saturday morning when we were 8. We ran around playing tag screaming at each other that we were cheating at the game. We played for hours until we were so tired that we needed to go home. Mom would welcome us back with sandwiches and juice and we would fall asleep right after.

When I was 11, we used to steal cookies from the pantry whenever our mom left the room. One got the stacks while the other kept a lookout and we would run to our room nibbling at our cookies, daring each other to run and get more as we took our last bites.

The time when we were 14 and I told Ryan about my crush on the new boy who ended up moving away and breaking my heart. I cried for hours because I had thought I would finally have a boyfriend for the first time but that was taken away and Ryan threatened to kill him for me but I made him understand it wasn't the boys fault anyway

Or even last year, when his bitch of a girlfriend Courtney, spread rumors about me getting it on with the whole football team and he broke up with her for a couple weeks until she begged for his mercy at our doorstep. I laughed in her face and then later was dumbfounded when I found out he took her back. I screamed at him and told him I hated him but forgave him days later.

I saw us now and thought about how much of a mess we were. How much of a disaster our lives were in. He has a daughter with a girl that he used to love and was just dumped by a girl he loved.

And here I was.

Dying.

When he needed me the most.

-------❀

"She was this beautiful girl. So full of life and laughter. Always ready for adventure. Chanel will forever live in our memories.."

Everyone dressed in black. 

Everyone's eyes blank with dismay.

My mother crying with my dad. My brother cursing under his breath as tears threaten to stream down his eyes. My best friends holding onto each other weeping. Sean, holding onto his last bit of strength while seated with his head in his palms.

And me. I was just a memory.

I woke up and rubbed my eyelids as I wiped a bead of sweat off my forehead.