04//moon madness

My palms were sweating so much I thought I might end up with a puddle beneath me. I could feel the thin line of sweat puddling on my forehead. My lips felt numb; I was almost positive they were blue by now.

"Uncle Ma-Mason," I breathed out, my pulse feeling severely low.

My head laid in his lap. I could feel his hand stroking my hair; I needed a helping hand along the way.

"What—" I paused. "What was that thing?"

My uncle froze. He must of had hopes of me forgetting the whole thing. But, as of now, I could not get the burning, terrifying feelings that ran throughout my body. The smell of her still lingered in my nose.

It was as if she deadened my senses to anything that did not revolve around her.

"You'll heal. I promise," my uncle nervously answered.

"Your heart skipped," I pointed out. "You're lying."

"I'm hoping," he corrected.

"I'm dying," I coughed, turning my head to the side.

"You need to stay quiet. Your brother is in the next room over," Mason nudged me in the side. "And you're not dying. You can't."

My eyes drew heavy for once in the past few weeks. The death of my father made me grow cold against other emotions; it was the first time I had ever wanted sleep.

My forehead felt like a sheet that was just protecting my brain from popping out of my skull. The feeling that pooled from deep within me seemed to have disappeared and was replaced with a feeling of pure pain and confusion.

I looked beside me, my phone glaring at me. There was almost a hundred messages from people at the carnival. Most of them were saying how wiped I was seeing my uncle hoist me over his shoulder and put me in the backseat of his truck. It was almost five o'clock in the afternoon and I felt overly hungover.

"You're awake," Tyler grinned beside my bed. "Finally. You've been asleep for like a day. It's been two days since the carnival. Uncle Mason got me to take your car home"

"Ow," I rubbed my temples, leaning back against the wall just next to my bed.

"I'll go get you some water," Tyler grinned, playfully tumbling down the hall.

It took me a minute to even get a thought process going long enough to figure out what exactly went on. My brain wracked with the numerous possibilities that went on at the time. I could feel the power pulsating through my fingertips going all the way to my skull which felt like it was about to pop.

"Hey," my uncle came in and sat down next to me. "You want to talk about it?"

I paused, my brain trying to figure out a way to even process what exactly was going on. There was absolutely no logical explanation for what was going on with me.

"What the hell is happening to me?" I panted, shutting my eyes closed even further.

"You and your brother aren't twins," my uncle started out.

To say I was dumbfounded was the least bit of information.

"You're father was the father to the both of you. But, your mother and father had a fight a month before your birth mother fell pregnant. Your father cheated during the time they were on a break but your mother and birth mother both realized they were pregnant at the same time within a week apart."

It made somewhat of sense. Whatever he was saying was something that proved what the hell was happening to me.

"Your birth mother was a witch from a powerful coven. She has a wonderful family; your eldest sister is a doctor and there's a set of twins just a year below you," my uncle grasped my hand. "I met them briefly when your father found out she was pregnant. He wanted me to watch over her while he went to see your mother."