11//wolf moon

"Who are you?" I squinted my eyes, the blonde nervously staring back at me. "What are you doing here?"

"My name is Jules," she announced. "I'm a friend of Mason's. We met in Florida. I'm trying to track him down."

"Mason is back in Florida. He's been there for a while now," my mom came in.

"See," Jules paused. "That's the thing... he's not."

Tyler had been avoiding me all day at this point. He was just on his way out when Jules walked in.

"Let's get out of here," I motioned to Jules, getting up from the couch.

As she walked towards the door I whispered,"Do anything stupid and I'll rip tour throat out," knowing well she could hear me.

She looked back at me, a frown on her face.

"What happened to you?" Jules questioned, looking disappointed in me. "What caused you to be so sad?"

"When Mason left, I had nothing," I lowly mentioned. "And Tyler is my responsibility. He's going to change and he's scared. I can feel it. I've got these abilities and no way to control them. My blood doesn't mix well."

"Mason has told me about you," Jules somberly told me. "He told me you had promise and strength."

"My promise was ripped from me the moment those things took it away from me. I'm trying my hardest here, but with Tyler on my shoulders and vampires chasing me everywhere I go, there's so much on my plate. Mason is probably dead after all those voice mails. I'm probably going to die from pent up anger or kill someone in the process," I vented.

Jules stopped when we reached the old Lockwood property.

"Tonight is a full moon," I blubbered. "Tonight is Tyler's first."

"I wish I could help you," Jules sighed. "Us being together on a full moon isn't good."

"I'm not leaving Tyler tonight," I declared. "There's no way in hell I'm leaving him alone. Mason did it and it didn't end well."

She dropped a bag of chains at my feet. The rust smell hit me in the nose with a powerful punch.

"Good luck tonight. You have a few hours to get this set up. I have to go," Jules left in a rush.

I stumbled down the stairs, the bag hoisted over my shoulder. The smell was deadening. 

My phone started ringing in my front pocket just as I approached the steel gate.

"Hello?" I answered annoyed, dropping the bag on the dirt floor.

"Abby," Caroline sighed. "Thank god. I'm on my way to your family's old property. I have Ty with me."

I could hear them walking together from down here.

I hung up on Caroline, locking the new set of chains to the wall. In the bag there was two bottles of water with wolfsbane. Caroline walked down the staircase first. The stench rolled off in waves from her.

Tyler was behind her; his heart was racing faster than a race horse gliding along the track. He avoided eye contact with me. Instead, his eyes were focused on the arrangement of chains and dirt-colored water bottles.

"What are these?" Tyler picked up the bottle sniffing it and turning his nose away in disgust.

"Wolfsbane."

"Tell me you brought more," Tyler looked at Caroline.

She had two or three sticks of it in her hands, "Yes, not easy to find."