10//forest encounters

My eyes fluttered, the swift movement of my eyelashes batting felt good against my skin. I felt hot, writhing within my sheets as sweat moistened them.

But I noticed something.

I could see.

I looked over to my right, Tyler's crazed eyes looking blankly into the air.

"Ty?" I groaned, rubbing my eyes as I sat up. "Tyler, are you okay?"

"Abs," Tyler looked at me, his eyes red as if he'd been crying.

"Tyler," I paused. "What did you do?"

His bloodshot eyes were swollen and dry from his crying. I was surprised I hadn't heard it while I was sleeping. Tyler kept his head in his right hand while the left messed up his hair even further.

"You keep rubbing you hair that often there's not going to be any left to rub," I sarcastically spoke.

"I killed her," his words rang in my head like a bullet to the heart. "It was an accident."

I felt my feet rise, stumbling a bit since I was still disoriented from the spell. One foot after the next, I found my way to my grieving brother. Soon, I found that my hand was on his back, rubbing back and forth.

"It's gonna be okay, Ty," I breathed out. "It's gonna be okay."

"I have to go get ready for school," Tyler stood up.

"Sit back down, Ty," I ordered.

"What, now this is going to be some wrestle for dominance? Alpha?" Tyler argued. "Don't tell me to sit down, Abby. I just killed someone and you're trying to talk to me about calming down!"

His eyes began to glow that all-too familiar glow. He was angry; Tyler was notorious for a short fuse, but now it would be even shorter.

"Tyler!" I leapt from my current position to slam him against the wall. "This is not going to work here! You're new at this Ty. I had Uncle Mason to get me through it, but seeing as he's currently on the 'Missing in Action' list, I'm doing the best I can."

Tyler pushed me off of him, our strengths almost matched.

I was a bit stronger.

"Go get dressed," I ordered, brushing myself off. "We're both going to try to get through this day without killing anyone, got it?"

Tyler nodded it off, scurrying along to his bedroom down the hall.

I shut my bedroom door, finding myself to the bathroom. I could smell something in the air.

It was sweet, like honeydew but musky like pine. Was my dream real last night? If so, who was here?

I had never felt such a sensation flare up my senses as that but never had I smelt it before. It drove me wild to feel this way, to know that someone was next to me in my own bed without me knowing it. Whoever that was though, their scent was intoxicating me and made me mad.

But, Tyler was in major need of me. I had no clue what to do about him or how to go through with it. He was a ticking time bomb as soon as the full moon hit. It was only a matter of time before primal instincts took over his human ones. I couldn't do this on my own, and with Mason who skipped town at the most inopportune time, I was royally screwed.