13//words don't heal

I felt the blood drip down my wrists as I sat in impatience waiting for him to say a word. Sweat pooled at the bottom of my spine and at the top of my head. I could hear the clash of my beads of sweat and drops of blood hit the dirt, deafening the room. It was a painstaking moment between the two of us. His stature suggested his motif. He was ready to continue the bloodshed. I wanted to scream out in pain or rip the chains from the walls. The wolfsbane was eating away at my flesh as time continued to pass. It was only a matter of time before the want to scream became a necessity and I would be on the brink of death.

"I know what you want to know," I breathed out quietly, my fists tightly clenched. 

"You almost killed Caroline," he gritted through his teeth. "You were uncontrollable. A monster."

"Where's Tyler?" I questioned.

"Tending to Caroline. She actually did die, but fortunately she's got something called regeneration," Damon explained, snipping his teeth together in rage.

Although I felt regret for knowing what I had done to Caroline during my spell of blind rage, I was still hurt. She knew about Uncle Mason. It was only a matter of time before the truth let out. Frankly, I thought that the only reason why Caroline survived was because she was so close to me.

"You went full on witchy bitchy with the temper of the beast within, Wolfy," Damon hissed.

"You can't keep me here forever," I spat, feeling the growl of anger rise from deep within my chest.

"I can kill you like your scum of an uncle," Damon pressed his fingers against my neck, gradually pressing them apart to almost pull my head off my neck. "He went down so easily. I barely had to use my strength to rip his heart from his chest."

I growled, spitting in his face.

Damon pressed his fingertips deeper into my neck. I could feel the air slowly draining from my body. My nails were scratching at his fingertips.

"Let—" I choked out. "Me— go."

"You're going to die just like he did. Easy and weak," he dug his hand deep into my chest. "You're worthless, Abby. You have no place dealing with us here. I have seen your kind slaughtering mine. Now, I guess it's time I take back what your precious ancestors did to my friends. My family."

The ironclad door swung open. Damon's neck did a full 360 before looking straight back at me with stone-cold eyes that screamed death. I could finally find air in my chest. The hole he made with his fist began to close. I fell to my knees, blood pouring out from everywhere in my body as the wolfsbane coursed through my veins.

My savior was gone before I could even get a look at him. I could smell the all-too-familiar scent he left when he visited me. It was sickly sweet, encompassing me with warmth and security. 

"Abs," I could hear Tyler's footsteps tumbling down to the cellar. "Abby, can you hear me?"

Before I could even answer, my world collapsed. The overflow of wolfsbane finally struck my heart.

"Little wolf," his voice chimed. "You took quite a turn for the worst, my love. I'm sorry I didn't rescue you sooner. I had to wait for the perfect time."

"Who are you?" I was finally able to answer him, to speak back and question his identity. 

"Your voice is so lovely. Sweet and pure," I could hear his smile.