07//starting the fire

"Control, Abby," Mason urged. "You need to learn control before it is too late."

I sighed, rubbing my fingers against my temple. Control was the hardest part about this whole situation. The difference between my mystical side and my mythical side seemed to take a mind of their own. It was a strange feeling to feel everything deep within my bones either go against everything or seem so powerful that I would kill someone with a single swipe.

"Uncle Mason, haven't we done enough for today?" I whined, digging my claws into my palms. "My brain hurts."

Mason sighed, running his hands through his hair. He was frustrated, wrinkles forming around his brows. I could see his inner turmoil brewing. He wanted to teach me, but a person like me has never existed before. I was a hybrid, but it seemed impossible to even make it past a spell or a full moon. I was supposed to be strong, but damn control was so hard.

"Yeah," he finally let out the breath he had been holding. "Just don't do anything stupid. I'm going out."

Mason got up, shuffling towards the door. He took one last look at me before placing his sunglasses on his face and shutting the door.

I was alone for a while. reflecting on how my life has changed since that fretful night. My days seemed endless. The nights were just a constant reminder of how soon the moon would rise and my bones would crack and shift into places no one could think they could be possible.

But they could.

"Abby!" Tyler came in from a workout. "Hey Abs."

"Hey," I grinned, pushing myself out of the seat. "Why do you always seem to smell?"

Tyler chuckled, slinging his bag over his shoulder. He kicked off his shoes, the smell hitting me before he even managed to get half a shoe off.

"Ty! Those shoes!" I exclaimed. "Gosh! Why do you always have to be working out?"

He shrugged, casually walking towards his musky shoes to pick them up and take them away from me. I pinched the bridge of my nose before stammering up the stairs.

I needed a way to figure out how I could keep myself under control. Whether it be running away from all my problems, literally, or punching a bag until my knuckles bled.

I still was not sure that would even be enough.

"Hey," Tyler was in my doorway. "I'm going out. Not sure when I'll be back."

"Don't you dare do anything stupid," I warned.

"Yeah, yeah," he huffed, leaving me alone once again.

I sighed, yet again. Tyler was always up to no good, especially now when he understood this damn curse. Why did my father have to be completely obliterate to the fact that we could turn? Why couldn't he get a damn witch or something to lift the curse from this family? It was too much of a burden to bare between worrying about when the next full moon was and whether or not I'd rip someone's throat out at any second. The witchy part of myself was definitely one though that I wished to pursue. Even if Bonnie does lie with my enemy, it was still worth a shot.

"Hello?" she answered on the other end of the phone.

"Bonnie, hi," I exhaled.

"Abby," I could tell she was grinning into the phone. "What can I do for you?"

"I wanted a do-over," I smiled. "I was wondering if I could come over and you could help teach me some magic. I have this power inside of me and I really want to use it."

"Of course," she agreed. "I'll set up everything for you for when you get here."

I hung up the phone. Knowing well that I would be at her house for some time, I grabbed an apple off the counter and made my way towards her place. I tried my best to stop myself from overthinking everything. If I got too worked up, I would never be able to make it over there in time. My emotions would most definitely get the best of me.