Chapter 7

"You're fine! You're fine!" Evan coaxed as I panicked on the ice, holding out my arms to keep my balance.

"I'm gonna fall!" I whined.

"No you're not." He assured me, "Just slowly move your feet and come towards me."

I did what Evan said, and started slowly moving towards him. As I got closer, Evan held out his hand, but as I reached for it, he slowly backed away. I don't think he realized what he was doing was really motivating me. I would honestly do anything to hold that hand of his. I narrowed my eyes and pushed forward, coming quite close to Evan.

"There ya go!" He encouraged, but once again, he moved back before I could grab his hand.

I groaned and moved forward, "Why are you holding out your hand if I'm not aloud to grab it?"

"Motivation." He said, but I knew he had a completely different mode of motivation than I did.

His mode of motivation was holding out something that I would be safe to hold onto and not fall, and mine was the fact that I'd get to hold that mans hand.

We've been at the rink for awhile. PAX ended yesterday and he kept his promise of taking me skating. I'm not gonna lie, although I'm scared out of my mind of falling, I'm glad I'm getting some alone time with Evan.

When I looked back up at Evan, he had reached the end of the ice with his back pressed against the wall of the rink. A grin grew across my lips. Evan still held out his hand, but this time I can actually grab it. He has no more room to back up.

With one last push forward, I held out my hand with excitement. I was so close now that my finger tips brushed his.

"Hey!"

I sighed as Evans hand dropped away from mine as he looked up too see a older man bundled up in a coat.

"You gotta get of the ice. It's getting late." He told us.

"Come on." Evan said as he pushed on his skates away from me.

I didn't move though. I don't know why, but I couldn't. I just looked at my shaky feet as I stood on the cold ice.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to see Evan holding out his hand. I smiled so big I thought if I had my mask on it would pop off my face. Although Evan is only holding out his hand to help me on the ice, I'm still gonna get to hold it.

I cautiously wrapped my hand around his as he pulled me across the ice towards the safety of an un-slick ground. His hands were so warm and soft and I began to question how they were so warm without any protection from the cold atmosphere.

I looked at my feet as they slid across the ice with ease, and no longer shaking. Once we got onto firm ground and took off our skates, I decided to talk.

"Thanks for all this." I told Evan.

"It's no biggy." he said, shrugging his shoulders and putting his skates away.

It was a 'biggy' to me though. I had an amazing time with Evan and I think he had a great time too. At least he acted like it.

"I had a lot of fun." I said.

Evan chuckled and turned to me, "Yeah, I really enjoyed watching you hit your ass on the ice a few times.

I laughed, "Hey! I got the hang of it after awhile though!"