Chapter 12

It was dark and cold as I walked on the sidewalk, not really aiming for a place to go. I could go home, but Evan would probably be there and I don't think I can face him right now.

I wiped my face for what felt like the 100th time as I sat down at a park bench. The street light over my head flickered and gave an eerie atmosphere. Everywhere around me was quiet. Cars passed by me on the road less frequently as the time went by. I looked up and counted stars to try to rid my mind of it all.

I felt my pocket after awhile, reaching for my phone, when I realized I left it in Evans car. Now I had no telling what time it was, but I knew I should start heading home even if Evan is there. After walking for awhile I finally made my way back and trudged my way up the steps. I glanced over to see Evans car in the driveway but the house was dark except for one light in Evans window. I made my way inside and quickly walked to my temporary room. I sat on the small bed next to the night stand where my old mask lay. I picked it up and my hands and turned it over, sliding it onto my face.

"I'm disgusting." I mumbled to myself. I looked up quickly to see a shadow pass the door, "Evan?"

Silence.

I got up to look out in the hallway and no one was there, but Evans door was slightly open. I walked over to look inside his room and he was laying on the bed, his back facing me. I slid the mask on my face and laid it on the nearest dresser. I walked over to his bed and sat on the floor, resting my arms down and placing my head on top of them.

"I'm sorry for falling in love." I whispered.

A/N: sorry I know this is late and super short. I think it's the shortest one I've written but I know you guys have been asking for an update so I tried to muster up one really quick! I'm really sorry just got writers block like usual. I'll try to make the next chapter as long as I can but I'm not sure when the next update will be but I'll try to get it up soon <3

xoxo,
Mio