Chapter 14

I have completely cut myself off from social media.

I know very mature.

Run away from your problems.

I mean hey, it's working so far so.. i'm gonna keep doing it for now.

It's been 2 weeks since I last saw Evan. I can't lie... I really do miss his face.

and his laugh.

and his smile.

and his-

Fuck. Not helping.

I picked a clover from the grass and just stared at it as the wind blew and life bustled by on the road and sidewalk. Things have been pretty serene when you haven't so much as touched the internet in a whole two weeks.

I have been keeping in contact with Luke though. I'm actually sitting in my yard waiting for him right now. We're gonna have a picnic...

Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything from Evan. I mean I haven't even checked my phone to see if he's even tried to contact me and I don't know if I plan to anytime soon yet.

I guess i'm afraid that i'll look and there will be nothing there.

"Delirious!!~" I hear a familiar voice holler, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Cartoonz!~" I mock back, jumping up from my place on the ground to wrap him in a hug.

He's been a really good support recently and helps loads to keep my mind off things. We've been meeting up a lot to do little things like this, whether it's a picnic, a movie, hanging out to play games, just about anything you can think of, Luke will have us do it.

"Did you miss me while I was gone?" He asks, sticking out his bottom lip in a pout.

I smiled, "Luke, I literally just saw your dumbass last night!"

"So?!" He retorted, "I missed you!"

I rolled my eyes and grabbed the cooler he had drug along with him out of his grasp, "So what all did you bring besides the gold?"

"Just some random snacks and chips I thought you would like" He replied opening up the cooler at my feet.

His hands went down and came back up with two bottles of beer. He looked up at me with a smirk on his face.

I laughed and snatched a bottle from his hand, flopping back into the grass and popping off the lid.

"So.." Luke starts, "Have you been on your phone?" he asks, hesitating to look at me

"No." I reply looking down the neck of my beer, "I'm not sure if it's a good idea yet."

"I understand." He says, "but I dunno.. I think you should maybe give it a shot. I can tell when you're not happy." He admits sadly.

I look up at him and pull on a fake grin. He's my best friend so I should've known he'd be able to see right through me. He right, i'm not really happy. I miss Evan a lot and that won't change. It's impossible to forget someone like him.

I look up at Luke and sigh. He tilts his head at me waiting for something.

Anything.

"Maybe tonight I'll give it a look." I say, and Luke perks up "But no promises!" I shout to get that stupid look off his face.

He smiles at me and takes a swig from his beer, gasping dramatically after the drink, "It's gonna be okay, Jon." He says tapping the bottle, "Trust me."

I look away from him and take a drink, watching the scenery around me. It's gotten a lot more quiet now. The sidewalk has less people and the road less cars. It's almost as if it's just Luke and I left now.

I really don't mind it.

_________________

I'm doing it again.

Hesitating.

I've stared at my dead phone like this too many times to count these couple weeks.

But this is the first time I've actually decided on turning it on.

I gasped as the apple logo lit up bright in my hand. The charger had finally given it enough juice to start up. The bright light started to hurt my eyes as I sat looking at it in the dark.

"Does it usually take this long to start up?" I think to myself, bouncing my leg up and down.

The lock screen finally loads in and I pause.

I wait.

*bzzt*

*bzzt bzzt*

*bzzt*

it won't stop buzzing...

"346 new messages"

Evan..

____________________

Hi guys!

I'm gonna stop apologizing for the wait cause It'll probably keep happening... but i really enjoyed writing this chapter. I started watching the guys again and I missed them all and the fandom a lot!
I do wanna apologize if the writing is bad or the timeline is off I couldn't bring myself to read previous chapters to refresh my memory lol!
Also I wanted to say that a lot of things have changed with me!
I'm non-binary/trans masc and go by he/they now! and my name is baz!

nice to officially meet you all again as the real me hehe

and as always...
I hope ye enjoyed!

xoxo,
baz :)