Cross Academy

Cross Academy

"Looks can be deceiving"

"Yukine, hurry up, we'll be late for school!" a girl with long dark midnight blue colored hair called out to the blond boy

"Alright, alright! Stop yelling already!" the boy grumble as he walk beside her

Seriously, he's been with this girl for a year. How was he even to survive from her yapping anyway? But then again, he's a stray vampire and she's... human.

"Oh, c'mon! I can't wait to go to Cross Academy!" she pouts

"And I can't wait to die..." he mumbled, hoping she wouldn't hear "Geez, I have to be with other high rank vampires..."

Cross Academy has two class. One is the Day Class, for humans. While the Night Class is for vampires. The Chairman knew of his identity and had been assign for the Night Class. The Chaiman didn't know about him being with a certain human girl. So, at least to say, the girl's alright to be in the Day Class.

He can still remember the words the human said to him. It made him have another reason to live again.

"I don't care if you're a vampire! You're still you, Yukine! I'll give you my blood to feed upon, like it or not! You became important to me!"

"Okay, Yukine, I'll go ahead first, you can go meet the Chairman"

Her words snap him back to reality. Already? That was fast.

"Don't tell anyone about our secret, okay?~" she gave him a wink and left

Yukine just signed at her childish atittude. Does she realize that he's a hundred years older than her?

What can he do? He's just another stray. Nobody know of him being a Regalia. Not even the human who save him. He kept it a secret from everyone.

In this era, a Regalia is known to be a rank much higher than pureblood vampires. Why? Because they're a servant of a God. He's older than any vampire, for he lived before any of them were created. He can't even consider himself a Regalia anymore. He doesn't have a God to serve. He promised his former master that he'd wait for him to be reborn. Even if it takes an enternity.

"You must be, Yukine?"

He's currently sitting a desk apart from the Chairman of the school. He only responds with a nod.

"Eh?~ You look too young to be in high school for a vampire right now~ You need to be at least fifteen to enter~" the Chairman, known as Cross Kain, chimed like a child

It ticked Yikine off: 'Why you-!!!'

"I'm a 124..." he frowned at the man

Kain's eyes widen and his glasses fall off from the bridge of his nose. He can't believe what he just heard. Does this mean that during his life, this vampire boy lived to encounter a God?!

"SERIOUSLY?! YOU'RE 124?!"

The loud shout of this man's voice caused footsteps to run to the room. It turns out they belong to both the girl and the boy who came in. The girl had a short dark brown hair and dark red eyes. The boy had silver hair and black colored eyes.

"Father, what on earth happened to you?!" The girl scolds the man

Father? Oh, she must be the chairman's daughter... Yukine was amaze to see the scene in front of him. A daughter scolding his father, and the father begging to his daughter. It made him remember about Hiyori that was once scolding Yato.

They seem to forgot about his presence...

"Oi, you're forgetting somebody!"

The silver haired boy's words made them stop from their 'father-daughter-show'.

"Ehem! I'm sorry about that unpleasant scene you just saw..." Kain cleared his throat

"No worries, it was quite amussing!" Yukine grinned, completely pleased with earlier's sight

"Who is he, Chairman?" the girl points at him

"Oh, right! Yukine-kun, this is my daughter and the prefect of the whole school, Cross Yuuki..." then Kain points to the guy, "...that's my son, Zero, also a prefect"

"Tch! I'm not your son!" Zero clicked his tounge

"That's mean, Zero!~" Kain whined like a child

"Which class does he belong?" Zero change the topic

"Night..." Kain turned serious

At the same time, Yukine thought he just saw anger and hatred flashed in Zero's eyes.... Or was he just imagining it?

"What? He has to be at least fifteen!" Yuuki cried

'I think I'm having a de já vu...'

"That's the point, when I asked for his age he said he's 124!"

"124?!" Both children cried

And again... with the reaction. Why do humans always react like that?

"He's looks too young for a normal vampire with that age, he looks like a fourteen years old human..." commented Yuuki

'Well, I'm sorry for not being normal!'

"Here's your uniform, the two of them will tour you around the whole school..."

Then it is decided. They tour Yukine around the school. Yukine can sense that most female students' are glaring a hole through poor Yuuki.

He wanted to ask but it seems that his questions were answered by the whispers.

"There's Cross again, how come she's always near hot guys!"

"Grrrr, she'll pay!"

"Why does she get to be with the Night Class?!"

'Are the Night Class really that popular? If so, Yato would be happy to be here... in my place..."

The sudden thought made him loose his energetic aura. Yato... he can't bear the thought that his master's gone. Nobody would even notice he's a Regalia. A stray one.

He had to admit, he had fun being around the two bickering prefect. He expected the Night Class to be like them. Maybe he can have new friends...

'Or not...'

It was already night and he's currently being the center of attention of all the vampires in the room. He want the earth to swallow him. Right here, right now.

Of all vampires, what caught his attention is the one with the same hair and eye color to the human prefect.

"This is Yukine, he'll be with us for the whole semester"

Even with the teacher's introduction, nobody said a word. Yukine didn't bother either. He just took a bow and heads for the seat in the very corner.

This is going to be a troublesome school year. Not that he hates it. He had always wanted to go to school and make friends, and it came true... but not a normal one.

This is really troublesome...

Another success for the very first chapter. To those who are reading this that haven't yet watched both Noragami and Vampire Knight, I suggest you watch or read it in the manga. Mostly, any person who would read this unknown story are the ones who idolize the animé... Yep, that's right! Well, it's okay if you only watched one out of two. Thank you for reading, voting, and leaving your comment.