Memories

Memories

"Memories that've been carved in your heart can never be forgotten"

"Yato, I'm so glad to have met you..." a girl with long black hair in a middle school uniform smiled at me. Why is she calling me 'Yato?' Who is she? Why does she feel so familiar? Why do I feel like I've known her? Who are you? Tell me...

"Yato, promise me that Yukine and I will be your Regalia until the end of time..." What's a Regalia? What do you mean by Yukine and you is this Yato's Regalia?

"WAIT!" Ayato jolts up from her bed with cold sweat dripping down her face.

What was that dream? I've been having that dream for these past few days... What does it meant? Who is the girl? Who is she?

"Aya-chan, are you okay?!" Yuuki and Yori barge in her room worried when they heard her scream

"E-eh? What do you mean?" Ayato asked

"We heard you scream... we thought you might have been attacked or something..." said Yuuki

"Gomene, for worrying you guys. Don't worry, I just had a nightmare" Or is it a nightmare?

The two girl let out a breathe they've been holding on for too long. They thought she might have been in danger when she screamed. They accompanied her to their classroom since they were classmates. It had been a week after Ayato transfered to Cross Academy. She was just fitting in fine in the least. After the Chocolate Day incident, she wasn't able to look at Yukine for even just a second.

"I was so luckly to be your Regalia, Yato..." Yukine? Why did you call me Yato? I'm Ayato...

"I'm not afraid to die again if it means I can protect you..." Die again? What do you mean? Please answer me...

"I will stay loyal to Yato, I swear on my name! 'Yuki'!" What is this dream about? Why is Yukine here?

"'Yuki', please don't forget, Yato. You're the one who gave me that name; as a Regalia 'Setsu' , as a human 'Yukine'"

< Ayato's P.O.V >

*BLAAAG* "Kamisaki-san, if you still have the energy to sleep in my class, why not solve the logic question on the board?"

Oh dear, I fell asleep on Yagari-sensei's class! That dream again! Okay, let me see... the logic on the board is:

《What is the only English word that has six letters, its letters are arranged alphabetically?》

"The answer is... ALMOST"

Gasp were heard everywhere. Oh don't be such a drama queen. The logic game was easy... Thanks to 'Tantei High' of Miss 'purpleyhan' I love her books!

[A/N: I agree with Ayato. Her stories are above my imagination level. She's a very talented writer!]

I walk pass every hallway leading to the library. Yagari-sensei wants us to write a poem- whatever had he eaten...

< Yukine's P.OV. >

It's nearing sunset. The dark is creeping in. For these past few days, after the Chocolate Day incident, a 'Storm' appears. Ayakashis are trying to spead despair and possess humans again. I have a bad feeling about this. But what can I do? I'm useless; I don't have a weilder anymore.

As we walk through the aisle, as usual, girls were squealing and Aidou-san was going with the flow. *sigh* What a childish and carefree vampire... Speak for yourself. Fine, I admit it, I'm childish but I'm not a very carefree person. Maybe I was once...

I didn't pay attention throughout the whole class period. What I'm worried about is my thirst. I don't know how long I can stop myself from drinking blood. Sure, there's this blood tablet. But, my body kinda rejects it.

"I will never abandon Yukine for you, Nora!" No, not that memory again. Please, anything but that...

"Yukine, promise me, you'll stay strong and look for me again..." Yeah, I promised. But, I don't know how long I can keep it...

What are these memories Ayato have been dreaming about? Can Yukine keep his promise? How long can he hold his thirst? Find these questions' answers on the next few chapters