Dreams

Dreams

"Dreams can be a reality"

< Yukine's P.O.V >

[A/N: This part takes place after sunset after Yukine and the others went back to the dormitory.]

I sighed at my seat as I fiddled with my pen. Vampires here are becoming alert. They didn't catch the one who broke the rule. How can they catch him when the culprit is me?

"Hey, I've heard we got a new teacher." Aido said as he plopped to his seat, "She's a beauty."

"Aido..." Kaname called him

"Hai, Kaname-sama?"

"Don't do anything disgraceful. Especially, in front of a God."

I dropped my pen. God? The female God I came across are Kofuku Ebisu and... Bishamon? It's an insane thing to do to put Kofuku-san here. Well, misfortune... and all.

"A God?!" This earned Aido a slap to the head by Ruka

"Be quiet, idiot!"

"What's wrong, Yukine-kun? Have you seen a ghost?" Ichijou worriedly asked and I quickly shook my head

"I-It's nothing... Um... can I skip today? I'm not really feeling well. I need sleep."

Good thing he bought it. Kaname-san approved it, too. I can't face them right now. If Bishamon is here, the chances of Hiyori being here is 99 percent.

I need to use this chance to find Yato. Or any clues of him.

The Storm is a few days near now. The Gods will gather here sooner or later. And Nora... if she finds Yato before me... I don't know what I'll do...

"Yato, please... I need you..."

I slump under the tree from this afternoon and rest my back on its trunk.

I was lost in thoughts. Maybe that's the reason why I didn't notice two Day Class girls sneaking up on me. Until, the female prefect... Yuuki, was it? Spotted them.

"Hey, you two!"

"Eeep!"

"Get back to your dorms!"

"What? So you can have all the Night Class to yourself? Just because you're the Chairman's daughter doesn't mean you can order us around!"

"Yeah! We just want to take pictures of them! You're just selfish!"

I can't stand these two girls. They don't know the danger. They have no care in the world.

"Why don't you just follow what the prefect said? You don't want to get suspended, do you?" I said without even sparing them a glance. From the looks of it, they scram squealing.

I turned to Yuuki-san who seems surprised by me. "Arigatou, Yukine...kun."

What's that scent? Blood? It's coming from her. She must've wounded herself.

I reached into the pocket in my blazer and hand her a roll of bandage.

"What's that for, Yukine-kun?"

"You wounded... yourself. It might attrach other... vampires."

Her eyes widen and appoached me cautiously. "No need to be afraid, Yuuki-san, I won't bite."

She let out a breath and thanked me for the bandages and wraps it around her hand.

"Ne, Yukine-kun..."

"Yes?"

"Why are you so different?"

"Huh?"

"I mean, you're not like any vampire I met. Sure there are kind ones and bad ones. But you're so different in a good kind of way."

"Yeah... maybe. That's what I was told...by him"

"Um... if you don't mind. Can we be... friends?"

"Uh...sure. Kiryuu might get angry though."

"Don't worry!"

"Yuuki!" It was Kiryuu, no doubt. As soon as he noticed me, he readied himself into a stance.

"Zero, it's okay! He didn't hurt me! We were just talking!"

"Then what's this?!" He grab her wounded hand.

"He gave me this bandage, aho!"

That silenced Kiryuu. He looks at me with confusion. "What are you?"

"I'm a vampire, what else?"

He glared. "You're lying."

I look at him and to Yuuki then back to him and sighed. Should I tell them? They may or may not believe me.

"What do you mean? How am I lying?" I asked still not moving from my position.

"The way you fight with the double sword; you're not an ordinary vampire."

Poor Yuuki. She was looking back and forth to both me and Kiryuu.

"Kiryuu-san, I assure you I'm not anyone special. I'm a stray vampire, nothing more..." And I know that's what hindering me from finding him...

"You're... a Level E?"

I was about to answer Yuuki when Kiryuu beat me to it. "No."

"I know you're much higher than a Level E, higher than an Aristocrat, and higher than a pureblood."

"Zero, what are you talking about?"

"What are you, really?"

I dashed off. I have to get away from him. He's doubting who I am. It'll be sooner or later. He'll find out.

I manage to reach my room and throm myself on the bed.

"Yato... where are you?"

I soon drifted to sleep.

< Third Person's P.O.V >

As Yukine opened his eyes, he wasn't in his room. "Where am I?"

He turned around walking aimlessly, hoping that he'll find a way out. "Is this a dream?" He wondered out loud.

"Yukine..." a man's voice called him

"Yato, is that you?"

"Yukine, I'm glad you're still looking for me..." he can't see anything but only hear the voice of his beloved God.

"Yato, where are you?! Please! I... I need you here! I can't face the others on my own! I don't know what to do!" He cried desperately

"Yukine, I'm always with you. We've been together for a year since we've been separated for ten years..."

"What do you mean...?"

Then, in a few meters away from him, stands a girl he knew. "Ayato...?"

She smiled and held out her hand, "Yuki... if you ever have this dream... it'll let you know that you're near me..."

Could she really be? The person he's been searching for so long? Can Ayato be really Yatogami?

I'm so happy... Really, I'm serious. I'm so happy right now. Happy yet frustrated. Happy because I manage to get in touch with my friend using a chat app, many cities away from me. Frustrated because the internet just gave up on me and I didn't got a chance to say 'see you soon'!.