Realization

Realization

"The oddest thing in my point of veiw is that I had a sudden epiphany"

"B-But..., Ayato... I..."

"Yukine, you don't have to worry about the pain. I'd rather die than you dying..."

'That phrase...' Yukine hesitated. Even if she allowed him to, he just... can't.

"I... I can't... you might get in trouble and your memories erased because of me..."

That's the rule. For the humans not to know that the Night Class are full of vampires, if they ever encountered one, they'll have their memory erased.

"Yukine, that's the lamest excuse I've ever heard. How many times do I have to tell you that you're important to me. Like it or not, you need blood."

He sighed in defeat. She's right. Like it or not. He's a vampire now, there's no changing that. How many times you must turn the world upside-down, nothing can change who and what you are.

She lowered her uniform enough to show her neck. She knows Yukine isn't a messy eater so she has no problem about the stains being left on both of their clothes.

She wince at the slight pain when Yukine gently pierced her skin with his sharp fangs. Closing her eyes, she let Yukine have his time.

After he's done, he licked the girl's neck leaving no trace and started to heal her neck. "Gomen..."

"And how many times do I have to tell you not to apologize..."

They both know that the scent of blood didn't go unnoticed to all of the vampires in the Moon Dormitory and to the ones blending in with the Day Class.

"I have to go. Call me when you need me, Yukine. Next time, don't be stubborn."

He layed on the grass under the shade of the tree as he watchthe back of her running figure. 'I'm so stupid! Why do I have to realized it now?! Now that I wanted to keep my distance from her because the Storm is nearing... Why? Why do I have to fall in love with her?! She'll be in danger!'

"I really am stupid... and useless."

He fell into slumber. While Ayato was running, she has a conversation in her mind.

"Say, Yato..."

"Yeah? What is it, Aya?"

"Remember the time when I first met you in my mind scape...?"

"Yes, what about it?"

"After you told me everything... I just realized one thing... that I... love Yukine. Ever since I met him..."

"And? I know there's something you want to say..."

"I... I'm accepting the fact. I accept what fate is going to give me. I accept the fact that I'm the next you!"

"Very well. Take care of Yukine for me..."

"You don't have to ask..."

"Thank...you..."

That was the last conversation she ever had with Yatogami. She knows that she have to prepare. There's a price and she knows it very well.

"Thank you for everything you've done for me, Mother, Father..."

With a sprint she dashed to her dorm and when she arrived she yelled knowing everyone will think that she's having her little own party inside her room.

"YOSH! BRING IT ON! I'LL SHOW EVERYBODY THAT I'M DIFERRENT NOW!" Of course, Hiyori, Zero, Chairman Kain, Bishamon, it didn't go unheard to them. As well as Yukine.

Back at the Moon Dormitory, all of the vampires were getting cautious. One of their kind broke the rule. The one most cautious is Kaname. Aido shivered remembering what happened to him when he broke the rule. The main members of the Night Class: Kaname, Ichijou, Aido, Akatsuki, Rima, Shiki, and Ruka left the dorm to search for one vampire who might, or could've done it.

After an hour of searching, the vampire they've found is sleeping under the shade of the big tree.

"Do you think he did it?" asked Ruka

Akatsuki shook his head, "I don't think so. There's no scent of blood located on him."

"Neither traces of blood on his clothes." Aido added

Rima and Shiki were observing him then their eyes softens, which didn't go unnoticed to Ichijou and Kaname, "He's just sleeping soundly..." they both said in perfect unison.

"Whoa! Did you guys just-?!"

"SSSHHHH!!!" All of them shushed Aido.

'Even Kaname-sama?!' Aido paled and again fainted.

Yukine heard noises around him. So, he decided to wake up. He adjust his eyes to the sunlight. He nearly jumped away when he saw who the people were.

"Kaname-sama, Ichijou-san, what are you guys doing here?"

"That's what I'm supposed to ask you, Mr. Why are you here sleeping? By the way did you pick up a scent of another vampire?" Ichijou put his scolding aside and asked the boy

"I felt bored back at the dormitory. And no, I don't. I've been sleeping here."

"Didn't you just slept an hour ago?" asked Ruka

Yukine answered truthfully, "I haven't slept so peacefully for the past 10 years."

It was an awkward silence. No one said another word. They walk back to the dormitory in an awkward silence.

I know, the chapter's short. Please, give me your reviews. I need motivation. School year came to an end and I'm not motivated anymore. I can't contact my friends(which are only six). They're the reason why I'm always motivated.