Chapter 4

~ ° ~ ° Soraru POV ° ~ ° ~

'Beep, beep, beep, beep'
"Argh..'' I groaned and clamped my hand down on the offending thing before smashing my head into the pillow. I stayed up the whole night to finish mixing the songs for Tomohisa and thinking lyrics for Suzumu's songs. And, um, maybe a bit of gaming (fine,a lot). I literally just slept for three - four hours.
I was about to go back to sleep, that is, until I remembered the reason I set the alarm clock. Ah! The cleaning!! I'm about to be late! I jolted up on my bed and rushed over to the bathroom. After taking a very quick bath -probably the quickest in my life - I grabbed my bag, laptop, headphones and of course my muffler and gloves. "I'm off!!" I shouted to my mum upstairs. No wait, I looked back up the stairs, with an arched eyebrow. Knowing her, and my siblings, they are most likely sleeping until the next 30 minutes to one hour -this is a Saturday, for God's sake- so I wrote down a note before going out.
"Achoo!!" I sneezed, the tip of my nose pink from the cold. I can't feel my fingers too, they are all numb. Ahh!!! Why must it be me???? I am pretty sure if I cry right now, it is all going to freeze on my face.
Once I stepped in the school compound, I saw the boy with snow white hair. He is looking down at his shoes. His hair really does blend into the snow, huh, I thought as I stared at him, waiting to be noticed. He looked up and brightened up almost immediately. I frowned, he must be the only one other than my friends that smiled whenever I'm around. He has a beautiful smile, though. "Soraru-san!! You're here!!" He came over and smiled, his cheeks redenning a bit. "My name is Mafumafu!! I really hope we can be friends!!" Mafumafu? Could it be.....No way. There is a lot of people out there named Mafumafu...Right?
I nodded at him in a form of greeting, before getting the broom. At this, he took one too, and we started to clean the class. Unfortunately, we barely reached 30 minutes before he started sneezing. I looked back at him, realizing that he forgot to wear his scarf. "Hey, aren't you cold? Are you okay?" I cringed at my voice, noticing that the cold had made my voice scratchy and weird.
He smiled at me again and shook his head," Iie, I'm alright.... Anyway, don't you think the school is kinda weird right? I mean, we have to clean the class on a Saturday, isn't that stupid?" I blinked for a second, distracted by the way his hair escapes from behind his ear. I resisted the thought to touch him, to tuck the stray hair back behind his ear for a second. I shook my head a little, and replied in a slow voice, almost drawling,"Yeah, I suppose so".
I saw his cheeks flush, and felt myself doing the same thing. Embarrassed, I turned away and took a rag to wipe the windows furiously. "Um, Soraru-san... you wiped that spot for the fifth time already.....", he trailed off and I blushed lightly. I glanced back at him and realized that his nose is red and his breaths come out in white puffs. Ah, why am I so soft-hearted?? I remembered vaguely that I brought another muffler in case anything happened, so I went over to him and wrapped my muffler around his neck. He looked up, his face flaming up and it makes me chuckle a little. "E-eh, what, how about you, Soraru-san??" I smiled faintly, and reply in a soft voice, "I have another one in my bag. Wear your scarf next time..okay?" I watched as he blushed and nodded furiously.

~ * ~ *Mafumafu POV* ~ * ~

Ahhh!!!!! His muffler is around me!!!!! I mentally shrieked, my face turning as red as a tomato. He smiled at me then, the shy, uncertain smile of someone who is afraid of getting hurt. I know, because I use to be like that too, before I met Amatsuki and the rest. But the smile fits him....it makes me wanna see his other expressions.. He is always hiding his expressions with a poker face, I realized. Funny how I observed this guy without even knowing that I am doing it. I had been staring at him for around 10 minutes until he calls me, "Mafumafu-san, we're done. We can go home already now..." I popped back to reality and started at him. Okay, Mafumafu! Now!! "Do you wanna go for a walk? I mean, if you are free", I blurted out. Oh, that's it. He is gonna think that you are a weirdo... My thoughts are interrupted with him laughing softly as he reply,"I'm free, where'd you wanna go?" "The park..we can have a picnic there!"
His face scrunched up in a cute way as he thought about it. I bit my lip, afraid that he will reject the idea. I was actually planning to go there alone, with my food I placed in my bag. "Sure, but you brought food, right? Because I did not". I brightened up and nodded.
We went to a nearby park, with a beautiful lake and found a spot under a shady tree. Looking up, I said," Hmm, I really can't wait for the summer festival." Soraru looked at me,"Why?" I smiled," The fireworks are very pretty.." He blushed and looked down, saying something that sounded like, 'Let's go together next time..' and I turned red. "Anyway, Let's eat,Mafumafu-san," he said, a poor attempt to change the subject, but I took my food out and handed one to him.
"Your food are nice", Soraru complimented and I laughed," No, these are made by Kashitarou-kun. The food I make isn't really great."
After eating, we took a stroll and went to the arcade to play some games. Soraru won most of the time, much to my dismay. After he won for the what that seems like the hundredth time, I whined,"Soraru-san, no fair!!! Let me win one time too!!!" He looked at me, surprised,"But that'll be cheating!" I whined harder and in the end, I won one time. I grinned in happiness while Soraru just shook his head at me. I do know, though, no matter what he does or say to deny it, he had let me won.
It was dusk when we finally decided to go home. We exchanged phone numbers and when I was about to go back, he called me. "Hey, wait for me." He insisted to walk me home, no matter how much I protested.
When we reached my house, he ruffled my hair and said in a low tone,"Don't bother giving me back my muffler. I have more back in my house. Jaa," before continuing on his way.
I went in and slumped against the door, my face red. Ah, we had became friends in just a day!! Is this too much to ask that I actually want us to be more than friends? "Ahhh!!! I don't know!!!"