Chapter 8

~ * ~ Mafumafu POV ~ * ~

Ah!! I'm so embarrassed!!!! Soraru had let me stay over because, being the dumb person I am, I had forgotten my keys. Right now I'm sitting on the couch, waiting for him.
"Go take a bath." I looked up. "H-huh?" He stared back at me before repeating himself. "I said, go take a bath. Here." He handed me a clean towel, and some clothes. "But, the clothes..!" He broke our eye contact, blushing.
Then, it all clicked into place. Soraru is giving me his clothes to wear?? Suddenly awkward, I looked down and managed a small nod, before hurrying to the bathroom.
Inside the spacious bathroom, I sank down on the toilet seat. Being with the person I like for a night....do I like him? I slapped my cheeks and stood back up, in the end going back to the original purpose of coming into the bathroom, which is..bath!
After I finished, I dried myself and wore the clothes he gave me. One deep breath and I am officially dead. Someone shoot me. He smells heavenly... or is it just me?
A knock on the door startled me to the point of almost tripping and needing to take another bath. "Yes??" Soraru's voice traveled in, saying, "Are you done? I need to bath, too." I quickly opened the door and bowed to him, murmuring a soft sorry as I felt my face burn.
He regarded me with a unemotional face before turning away and locking himself in his room. I checked myself out and blushed. I looked like a freaking girlfriend wearing her boyfriend's shirt!! It's too big on me and hung limply on my frame.
My phone buzzed and I quickly grabbed it. It was from Amatsuki. 'Mafu-chan, hi!! You probably know what I am saying now. And no, before you ask, I'm not in the house. Anyway, someone wants me to tell you that Soraru is a tsundere!!! Bye!'
H-huh??? I stared at it for a long time, until Soraru padded over, saw the message and swiped the phone off my hand. "Sora-c-chan!!" He stared at me, frowning a little before deleting the message. "I'll get the futon out for you." Then he turned away, bending down to pet a cat with beautiful fur.
The cat purred and mewled at me as I laughed. Its fur is so beautiful, and I love touching it. "Aww, you're just so cute.." I purred at it and continue letting it nudge my hand.

° ~ ° ~ Soraru POV ° ~ ° ~

"Hey, I got..." I trailed off as I looked at Mafu. He is making cooing noises at my cat. I just kept staring at them until my cat saw me and trotted over to me, nuzzling my leg. He turned red, again, and I must say, I kinda like the color on his face.
Suddenly gripped by a force, I reached out and stroked the back of his ear. I am mortified at myself, but much to my surprise, he purred. We both blushed, me thinking, I'm blushing awfully a lot this week. I wonder...why....
I cleared my throat. "I laid the futon down, okay? Go to sleep." I decided that today, as an exception, I will sleep earlier than I normally do on Sundays.
We both shuffled into my bedroom and I climbed into my bed. After listening for a while, I heard Mafu snore softly and half-smiled at myself. My eyes slowly dropped down and........BANG!!! I sprang up, and so did the albino sleeping on the futon. My cat, sleeping at the side of my bed, ran out of the room and I stared after it helplessly.
A tug on my shirt roused me back to reality. "I-is it a storm?? I d-don't like l-lightlings...." Mafu gulped audibly and I ruffled his hair. As I was going to reassure him, we both heard thunder and I saw a lightning flash. I turned back to him, and found that he is frozen stiff, uttering a small 'meep'.
I sighed and pat the spot next to me. "Come here. You can sleep with me." By the time I said this I'm pretty sure I had lost my sense of humiliation, because I didn't realise how embarrassing my words are to Mafu.
"But....um...Sora-c-chan..." I stared at him until he gave up and came over. "Now, oyasumi, Mafu." As another lighting strike down, I vaguely felt his arms around me. I had drifted too far away to talk to him, so I responded by putting my hands on his. I thought I heard him say something in return, but I can't hear it. I will ask him tomorrow.

---------Normal POV-----------

Mafumafu tightened his arms around Soraru, his face red as he was thrilled to hug him and equally scared of the thunders and lightnings. But he tried to be brave and because he was sure that the other boy had fell asleep, he mumbled four letters that described his affection for the other.

"I love you, Soraru".