Chapter 1- That Annoying Guy

Molly's P.O.V.

Ding ding. I walk through the door of Starbucks and yawn as I sit down at a table. Maria walks out of the kitchen and sees me. Maria is one of my best friends she is like a second mom to me even though she's only a couple years older that me (she's 20 I'm 18) and we have only known each other for not even 2 years. She also works with me at Starbucks.

"Molly, why are you here so early, your shift starts in an hour?" Maria says as she walks over to me.

"I needed some coffee." I say and Maria frowns as if she senses something wrong with me.

"Are you ok honey?" she says as she sits down and puts her hand on mine.

"No, I found out that I might have to share a dorm with a guy and I might not be able to work here anymore so I can't hang out with you." I blurt out.

"Well first of all we hang out outside of work too and you have my number, and second of all they wouldn't put you in a dorm with a jerk. I have never heard of a place that does that but maybe you will get a girl instead of a boy. And if that guy bothers you I will take care of him." She winks and smiles and then I smile "Now what kind of coffee would you like, madam." She says as if she were in the 15th century and I giggle.

• • •

"But I want a fuckin' burrito." he says and his friends laugh. This guy annoys me.

"Yeah well this is Starbucks not a gas station so go somewhere else." I say very proudly.

"Ohhh feisty are we." He makes some gesture that I don't know but I think it's rude. "It's ok baby," he touches my cheek and runs his hand down my face to my collarbone. I can feel chills down my body. But I pretend to ignore it and he walks out still laughing.

"MARIA!" I yell and she comes running out of the kitchen looking very panicky. "That guy came again with his friends and he asked for, and I quote, 'a fuckin burrito.'" I say, Maria bursts out laughing and then I do too.

"Well, you should probably head home and finish packing, I will finish your shift."

"You don't have to do that Maria, I can finish my shift I only have." I glance at the clock
"Oh an hour," I say in defeat.

"Yeah you should head home, you have to be at college by August 16th right? That's in two days."

"Ok, fine," I hug her and say goodbye then I walk out.

• • •