Chapter 21- "Exit 26!"

Molly's P.O.V.

"Cara! Cara! Cara!" We shout as Alex drives out of the parking lot of Starbucks.

"You go Cara, getting yourself a hot chocolate and a boyfriend." Nikki exclaims.

"He's not my boyfriend, he just asked me out." Cara answers.

"Yeah, and Blake isn't my roommate, he just lives with me." I say. I don't know why Blake was the first thing I thought of when Cara said 'boyfriend'. It just was I guess.

Just before we left, Cara had returned the note to Mason and given him her number. They talked for a bit and then the second we got into the car was when we started screaming her name.

"Shut up!" Cara says.

"When are you guys gonna go on your date?" Alex asks in a mocking tone.

"Yeah what are you doing?" I say in the same way.

"Oh my god you guys shut up! You know Molly, sometimes you and Alex act just like a couple." Cara replies and then smirks.

"Pshhh what no!" I say, I can feel my cheeks growing warmer by the second.

"Molly! I was joking," Cara says and starts giggling. Alex bites his lip and says nothing. "Alex!" Cara yells, her voice cracks, even more giggling.

I turn towards the front and see Alex driving past our exit. "No no! Exit 26!" I yell.

He swerves to the right and my heart drops. The car slides uncontrollably across the highway. My smile fades and I start screaming.

"Alex! Alex! Oh no!" I shriek. Nikki, Cara and Alex all join in.

The car plummets towards the railing and we hit. My body slams against the car and the air bag doesn't even help. My nose hits the dash board and I feel a warm trickle running down my lips. There is a sharp pain in my ribs as I look around the car.

Alex looks awful, he is passed out on the wheel and his face is all jacked up. Blood runs down his face from his head. Oh god, it's coming from his head! What do I do? I quickly look towards Nikki and Cara and moan in pain. I must have broken a rib. They both have bloody noses and bruised foreheads. They're conscious, but not really there. I look down and see something odd. Nikki is grasping her left leg, well at least I think it's her leg. It is stuck in between the drivers seat and the wall. She must have gotten it stuck during the impact.

Suddenly it hits me, I'm in a car crash with my best friends all severely injured. That's when I start freaking out. I have to get help, now. I look for my purse, but it is out of my reach and I don't want to move. I guess I'll have to go with plan B.

I open the car door and luckily I am on the side that doesn't have cars driving 60 miles per hour. Grabbing my ribs, I crawl out of the car. One leg after the other, come on Molly. You can do it. I almost scream from the pain.

I squint and try to see through the darkness. My guess is that it is only 7:30, but it looks like 10. Looking around I notice that nobody has really stopped to help us. We crashed at a diagonal so that the drivers seat got the most impact. Yet I am still facing the railing. Correction: the dented railing. I hobble over and try to wave somebody over. Bad idea. My ribs scream in pain.

"Help!" I try to yell, but it just comes out as a moan. Suddenly I feel lightheaded, dizzy and nauseous all at the same time. I wobble back and forth until I can't take it anymore. My body falls, hitting the ground hard on my left side. Everything goes black.

Blake's P.O.V.

"You're average is down to a 1.9 Blake Thompson. That is not what you want in Calculus. Do you understand?" Mr. Lindsay explains to me.