Chapter 25- Back To Normal

Molly's P.O.V.

"Good news honey!" My dad says as he walks through the door holding a couple papers. "You've been cleared to leave!" He puts his hands out and smiles.

It's Tuesday morning, the morning that I leave the hospital. I am excited, don't get me wrong. But I'm not excited for all the "are you ok"s and the "what happened"s. Or the looks, oh God the looks I will get. It's 9:00am so luckily I get to miss math and probably French.

I'm also not excited about cleaning my hospital area up. I have made the biggest mess. Papers everywhere from all of the homework. Empty paper cups from drinks because 'I need to have a lot of fluids'. And wrappers from Panera and the hospital food.

I sit up and hug my dad. He sets the papers down on the non-messy table. "Those are your release forms for me to fill out. Your mother couldn't make it, she's a couple rooms down with a patient. Hopefully she can get away and say hi to you, at least." He grunts and then looks at me. "Now come on, clean this place up! Your mom doesn't work here!" We both laugh.

"Uhh yeah she does."

I begin to clean up the papers. My dad helps by bringing over the trash can and throwing the wrappers away. I toss a couple paper cups in there.

My mom hurries in, wearing doctor scrubs and a white coat. She walks over to my bed and kisses my forehead. "Hi honey. So sorry I'm always busy with work. It's just-well-work." She says very awkwardly.

"Its fine." I wrap one arm around her before she lets go.

She looks around and sees that I am trying to clean up. "Oh honey. You don't need to clean up, lucky for you your mom works here. So I'll do it." She smiles. My dad stops cleaning too. "Hey, Phil! I wasn't talking about you. You can keep cleaning." I snort at the irony.

Her phone rings and she looks down. "Shit!" My mom mutters. "Sorry honey, I have to go. Dinner this weekend?" She points at me and waves, then picks up her phone. "Yup, hello. Yes I wi-" The door slams and I look at my dad.

"So," He slaps his thighs and smiles. "I'll go get the nurse. She told me that they have to do some last minute tests. But yeah. I'll be waiting in the waiting room so that I can drive you back. Bye." He waves and walks out.

I mindlessly drum my fingers on my legs. I look over at Nikki's bed, she's asleep. Damnit. I pick my phone up and start scrolling through it.

Somebody quietly opens the door and I shriek. "Ahh!"

"Oh, so sorry honey." A nurse that I've never seen before walks in. "I have to do a little check-up." She has a heavy texan accent. She walks over to a mobile table and picks up a couple things.

She takes my temperature, checks my heart rate, and weighs me. "Ok, now we are going to need to go to the x-ray room to give you an x-ray." She walks behind the door and pulls out a foldable wheel chair, then unfolds it. "Well why are you sittin' there, come over here and get in the wheel chair!"

I stare at her with a dumbfounded expression. "Umm...?"

She breaks out in laughter. "I'm know honey, it was a joke!" She strolls over to me and helps me in the wheel chair.

• • •

I sit up from the x-ray table and look at her. "So, your ribs look much better. I want you to come back on Saturday so we can check them again. I'm still gonna need you to wear that sling on your left arm. Your nose is healed so no," She reaches over, pulls of my bandage, and smiles. "That. You should be very careful, don't run around, and don't be near yelling or yell. Because of your concussion obviously. So schedule another appointment for Saturday or Sunday and we'll check that all again." She smiles and wheels me out to the waiting room. "Bye! Have a nice day." She smiles again and walks away.