Chapter 30- Revelations

Molly's P.O.V.

I know that I shouldn't be mad at Mel. She has only known me for two months, how was she supposed to know that I'd be okay with it? There are a lot of people who aren't okay with it, maybe I was one of them. But I'm not, I completely support everyone in the LGBT community. Is it the fact that she wasn't sure if I'd support her? Do I come across as homophobic? Did she think I was? Maybe that's why she didn't tell me.

Nikki nudges me out of my trance, "You okay?"

I awkwardly shift in my chair. God these library chairs are uncomfortable. "Yea-yeah I'm fine. Have you finished your notes for Static Electricity yet?"

"Yeah but now I have to do a lab write-up. Why did I decide to go into Engineering? It is literal hell." Nikki complains.

I roll my eyes, "You're talking to a Pre-Med major."

We both go back to our work. I can hear pens scribbling from everywhere around me. You'd think finals were tomorrow or something, but they're not. "Wh-what." I stop, worried that I will bother Nikki.

"What?" Nikki glares at me.

"Umm-nothing." I start writing again. Based on the following observations and tests, Patient B would be diagnosed with Viral Meningitis. "Actually I'm just gonna ask the question. What are we going to do for Halloween?"

Nikki just stares at me. "Really? You're asking me this now?"

"Well, yeah. Like is there a party that we're going to?" I ask again.

"I don't know. I'm really busy right now with a lab that needs to be done by midnight tonight so lets talk later. Okay?" Nikki seems very angry at me.

"Okay." There is no need for a treatment to this infection, as people who get Viral Meningitis usually recover on their own in seven to ten days. If the symptoms do not go away, the patient should return for more tests. "I'm pretty much done with this, I just need to go pick up some documents from the med-lab. Bye." Without looking up from her work, Nikki waves at me and I walk away.

• • •

"Lightning McQueen, without a doubt." Blake says.

"Really?" I giggle. "Out of all of the Pixar characters you could be, you choose him? Okay."

"Yeah. I could just race around everywhere. When I was I kid my biggest dream was to live in Radiator Springs." He tilts his head back and laughs at himself. "What about you? If you could be any Pixar character who would you want to be?" Blake asks me. He is lounging on our new mini couch while I sit on my bed, my back being held up with about five pillows. I got back to the dorm a half an hour ago only to find that Blake was back from the hospital.

"Ummmm, maybe Helen Parr from The Incredibles." Blake nods at that. "Or Colette Tatou in Ratatouille." He tilts his head to the side.

"Really?" He asks.

"I mean she's a badass female chef, you know? Isn't she a little inspiring? The only women at the restaurant." I respond.

Blake shakes his head, "You've watched Ratatouille too many times."

"Maybe." I smirk.

"Okay I have one:" Blake pauses for dramatic affect. "If you could do any Disney character, who would it be?" He evilly grins.

"Ewwww no!" I laugh and smack my hand on my bed. "I am not doing that!"

"Come on Mol! You have to! It'll be fun." He persuades. "Look, I'll do it. I would want to do Belle."

I cringe. "Really?"

"Yeah." He nods. "Now its your turn, go!"

"Ok fine," I mutter. Reluctantly, I say: "Prince Eric."

He loudly claps, "Yeahhhhh. That's my girl!"

I stop laughing and sit up, "Okay, so in all seriousness: I want to talk."

Blake immediately pays attention. "Hit me."

Taking my chance, I walk over to him and lightly hit him in the arm.

"That's not what I meant!" Blake exclaims. I start uncontrollably giggling as I hit him again. "What were you gonna say?" Blake interrupts my giggle-fest.

I sit down on the couch, next to him. "I saw Mel kissing Angelina." Blake pretends to gasp, "I know you know Blake." My eyes roll.

"But they don't know that we know that they know." Blake smirks, waiting for me to get it.

I sit there for a minute trying to figure out what he means, "Did Mel make you watch Friends?!" I gasp.

Now he's the one uncontrollably giggling, "Yep. She showed me the first couple episodes and now all I do is watch Friends. It's so good."

"It is good." I agree. "So anyway, Mel and I talked about it. I told her I was okay with it, we hugged. But she won't tell anyone else." I pause for dramatic effect, "I was like 'oh now Angelina can join our friend group' and she was like 'no I don't want to tell everyone else'. Like I guess that makes sense, but we're her friends, we will support her!" Blake nods along with me. "And then she said that she wouldn't have told me if I hadn't seen her and Angelina kiss! She didn't even trust me!"

"I see where you're coming from." I nod, hoping that he will agree with me, "But think about it: Mel has had a rough life. Her father rejected her for being a lesbian and so did her former best friend. She didn't know she was lesbian until she had her first boyfriend, then had to break up worth him because he wasn't a girl. How was she supposed to know that you were gonna be okay with it? How does she know that everyone else will be?"

How did he get so wise?

"How do you know all of that?" I ask, suspiciously.

"Mel and I are friends! That's what friends do, we talk about things." Blake says defensively. "Damn. But really, do you see where I'm coming from?"

I think about it for a few minutes. "I guess," I tilt my head. "It's just that I'm her friend, how could she think I wouldn't accept her? Do I give off a homophobic vibe?"

"No, not at all." Blake holds my hand for comfort. "Think about Mel, and how hard her life has been. She doesn't know who to trust and who not to. The president of the fucking United States doesn't even accept her!"

"That's fair." I giggle.

"There is no vibe that homophobic people give off, that's the scary part. That's why she doesn't know who to trust, because she actually can't know."

I cup my hand over my mouth. "Oh my God, you're completely right. I feel like such a bitch, I should have never acted like I did. I would tell her now, but I have a date." I smirk.

"A what?" Blake says shocked.

"A date! He should be here right about.......now!" I point to the door and it opens. "Holy shit!" I say excitedly.

"Damn Mol, you're telepathic."

Alex bursts in, searches the room for me and smiles once he finds me, "Date?"

"Date." I get up and run into the bathroom, "Let me just grab my purse," I walk out holding my purse. "Okay let's go. Bye Blake." Blake looks disappointed for some reason, I shrug it off and tightly hold onto Alex's hand.

We walk down the hallway and out the door into the brisk air. "Ooh, it's cold. I should've brought my jacket." I shiver and rub my hands up and down my crossed arms.

"Here, take mine." He wraps his flannel jacket around me.

"Thanks." I put my arms through the sleeves and realize that the flannel is about three sizes too big. "But don't you think it's a little small?" I say sarcastically.

Instead of laughing, he looks at me, like he's only just now seeing me for the first time. "Mol," He grabs my other hand and stares straight into my eyes. "I think I love you."

• • •