"Hello Beauty"

Chapter 7 | "Hello Beauty"

Sabrina pulled into the parking lot of her childhood home. Though her father was a single parent for most of her life, he tried his hardest to give Sabrina and her brother, Robert, the best he possibly could.

Sabrina took in a deep breath before blowing out and grabbing her oversized duffle bag out of the backseat of her car. She grabbed her phone out of its holder on the dashboard and saw the missed call from the same number that's been calling her all day – Carter. She removed the notification and opened her car door.

You're going to keep your promise. Sabrina said to herself as she walked up to her parent's front door and pressing the doorbell. Though her parents knew she was coming for a visit they were known to use up all of the time that they had on their hands.

After waiting for a few seconds so they could get themselves together, she pressed her key into the keyhole and opened the door to see her mother coming down the stairs with a robe wrapped around her tightly.

"One day you're going to wind up pregnant." Sabrina said while wrapping her arms around Rose, her stepmother.

"I never knew you were mentally unstable." She joked in response. "How was last semester of med school? How do you think you did?" Rose pulled in the last bag of Sabrina's luggage so she could be able to close the door behind her. With the hot summer weather, lizards were known for sneaking into homes in the neighborhood.

"Passed my finals so I think it went pretty good. I just want to finish and get it over with. I'm tired of school." Sabrina complained. Her family and Brittany were the only people that Sabrina could ever complain to. Most people assumed she was spoiled because of her new car, but only people close to her knew how hard she worked to earn half of the money to buy the car.

Rose rubbed Sabrina's arm and smiled. "Think of it this way, you only have one more year to go."

"You're right mama. Hey daddy." Sabrina said as she watched her father come down the stairs. She met her father halfway and wrapped her arms around him and squeezed him slightly. "I missed you." Sabrina spoke with her head pressed into her dad's chest.

She hadn't seen her father for almost four months since he never participated in the weekly shopping events Sabrina and her mother loved going on, whether they had money to spend or not.

"I missed you too sweetheart," Calan said after kissing Sabrina's temple. "Have you talked to Robert?"

"Yeah, he called last week. He's coming in a few weeks. I can't wait." Sabrina said with the brightest smile on her face. She hadn't seen her brother physically in a year and she couldn't wait to see how the year has aged him.

"You're not the only one who's excited, that's all your mother talks about these days." Calan said with a chuckle. "Now how about you unpack and clean up so we can go out to dinner." Sabrina half-smiled and pulled away from her father.

She was the perfect example of a daddy's girl and the way she looked up at her father, with pure love and respect, only confirmed it.

"Alright." Sabrina took a hold of her small suitcase and rolled it up the stairs since it was too heavy for her to pick up. Walking into her room it looked just as she left it five years ago when she left for college.

Sabrina never stayed with her parents long enough to rearrange anything in her room at all. All of her prized possessions was still lined up on the top of her dresser along with all of her pictures taped to the mirror above her dresser which she never used. She strummed her hand over her tennis trophies reimagining how it felt to receive each and every one. Tennis was her stress reliever and was also the way she met Chris – her first love.