Epilogue

Epilogue | Six Months Later...

"Bella sit." Sabrina told the pup firmly but of course she didn't do anything but roll over onto her back with the hopes of getting her belly rubbed. Sabrina let out a breath and reached down to clip the leash on her bedazzled collar causing the excited pup to flip herself on her paws.

Five months ago when she picked up the puppy at a breeding farm, she'd thought it'd be a great distraction from a heartbreak which granted she was. It wasn't until Bella was more comfortable in her skin that Sabrina realized she must've gotten the crazy one out of the litter. Bella was always up and about and ate everything in sight but she was also a great running mate for the nightly jogs, which she was grateful for.

Sabrina grabbed her keys and opened the door commencing her jog. She followed along with Bella leading the way as usual to her favorite park which usually took thirty minutes to jog to. Graciously tonight was also the same with them arriving to the park exactly thirty minutes after the initial start. Sabrina unhooked Bella and watched her gallop around the park with excitement.

"Sabrina?" Sabrina took her eyes away from the excited puppy and her eyes connected with Chance's before traveling down to her pregnant belly. From the looks of it she seemed like she was broaching six months.

"Hey Chance," Sabrina said carefully. She remembered how much hate Chance threw her way before her and Carter lost touch. "You seem happy to see me." Sabrina said questionably.

"Yeah," Chance let out a gush air with the attempt to catch her breath. "My midwife wants me to release any bad energy." The term midwife caused Sabrina's eyes to drift back to her belly. "How have you been?"

"I've been okay, how about you?"

"I've been great, dealing with a few things."

"How far along are you?" Sabrina asked as Bella started nibbling on her shoe laces.

"Almost four months." Sabrina's eyes widen causing Chance to chuckle. "I know I feel huge already but they're twins so I expect to get a lot bigger."

"Fraternal?"

"Identical."

"What the hell Chancey, you said you had to pee not talk to everyone you see." Carter said frustrated after seeing her talking to someone. He'd originally thought she'd locked herself in the stall again like the last time she used the bathroom at this park. But it seemed this 'new' Chance was making friends with everyone she came in contact with.

"I do need to pee," Chance said looking back at Carter who had yet to notice who she was talking to. "I just got sidetracked." At the thought of peeing her bladder cried out to her. "I'll be back."

"Okay." Sabrina responded causing Carter's head to jerk in her direction. His eyes traveled her body engraving every inch of her being into his memory.

"Hey Sabrina."

"Hey Carter, how have you been?"

"I've been good, and you?" Sabrina said as if she didn't want to go over and hug him. She missed him without a doubt.

"I've been okay. What kind of dog do you have?"

"She's a husky and golden retriever mix." Sabrina said while looking down at Bella scratching her favorite spot.

"I feel bad for you. Huskies are stubborn." Sabrina chuckled.

"Yeah she's got a mind of her own, that's for sure." Sabrina stated her eyes staying on Bella instead of the man that still made her heart race.

"Carter we have to go somewhere else. There's a homeless broad in there that won't let me borrow the bathroom for five minutes." Chance said loudly as she came back into view. Sabrina never seen someone walk so fast when they were so obviously pregnant. Sabrina had hoped to get a few more sentences out about his love life before Chance came back.

"Alright let's go to downtown then." Carter stated as he allowed Chance to walk past him in the direction of his car before turning back towards Sabrina.

"Hurry please before I pee in your car!" Chance stated as she continued to make her way towards the parking lot.

"Do you still have the same number?" Carter asked as he slowly walked backwards following Chance's lead.

"Yeah." Sabrina answered as she bent down to pick up Bella. Sabrina watched Carter nod in acceptance before he turned around and caught up with Chance. "C'mon baby girl let's get you something to drink." Sabrina said to Bella as she walked towards the dual water fountain. She placed Bella back on the ground and watched her drink out of the water fountain.

Sabrina felt her phone vibrate and pulled it out of her pocket to see a message that made her heart flutter.

Carter: I miss you

::
The End

Love you guys dearly

Muah, Bea