Dr. Alexander

Chapter 16 | Dr. Alexander

Chance quietly turned her key into the lock and gently pushed the door open. It felt as if she was fourteen sneaking into the house after midnight rather than a twenty-four-year-old woman walking into her own apartment. She was hoping that no one would hear the door open and come rushing to her asking her where she was since they were all 'forbidden' to talk to Sabrina.

Chance kicked off her shoes since it had a three-inch heel and picked them up before opening the door all the way. She slid through the crack in the door but stopped in her tracks when she saw Jaz sitting in the living room watching her.

"Get your ass in here Chancey." Jaz said calmly and motioned for her to join him on the couch. She did as she was told and sat beside him but not before stealing a kiss from him. What she didn't expect was him holding her head in place and deepening the kiss.

"Where did they go?" Chance asked referring to Chris and Chrissy. Jaz wouldn't have deepened the kiss if there were anyone else in the apartment with them especially with how infatuated Chris is with him.

"My mom made some food and they went to get some."

"More like Chris trying to get your mom to like her." Chance said as she climbed onto Jaz's lap, straddling him. Jaz shrugged not really wanting to spend their alone time talking about Chris. He studied her features with her brown bob and buried it into his memories.

"I like your hair like this." He said as he ran his fingers through her hair.

Chance rolled her eyes with a smile on her face from the compliment. Though they've been together for four years, she still couldn't get used to all the compliments he told her. "How about we talk about something serious for once."

"What do you want to talk about?" He asked slightly distracted by the warmth radiating from Chance's core. It's been a while since they had sex due to all the chaos and his balls were itching for a release.

"When is Carter coming back?" That was a subject Jaz tried to ignore every time she asked during their nightly phone calls. He would avoid the subject whenever she brought it up.

"I told you Gix is up there getting him right now."

"You've been saying that for the past couple days Jazael. What really is going on?"

"Look Chance you know I'm not affiliated with Carter and Nix's business. We're just boys and I'm telling you what I know. I'm not hiding anything from you." She stared into a while before kissing him on the forehead after being satisfied with what she saw. Chance brought her body closer to his and laid her head on his shoulder.

"I was talking to Sabrina today." Chance admitted after the guilt was eating her from within.

Jaz simply rubbed his hand along her back. "I know."

"How did you know?"

"Chance, I know you. You're more empathetic than Chrissy and Chris. So you're the only one that'll leave without protection to meet up with her and see how she's doing, even if you're not supposed to." He said as he continued to rubbed her back in circular motions. "Your selflessness is one of the many reasons why I love you." Chance smiled and kissed the side of his neck innocently.

"I just feel bad and she's pregnant." The hand on Chance's back became stiff.

"She told you that today?"

"Well no, she didn't say but it was obvious. Her titties were looking right and her cheeks were a little bigger than they usually are."

"Baby that doesn't mean that she's pregnant. Your chest gets larger a week before your period starts."