Chapter 4: Coffee.

"Hey." Wilmer whispered as Demi gave him a toothless smile but still managed to send Wilmer crazy. She didn't hug him though, she just pointed to the chair across from her. Had didn't know what to say to her, he just stared at the beauty in front.

"How are you?" Wilmer spoke up but Demi just let out a laugh at him, shaking her head as Wilmer stared in confusion but wiped his clammy hands on his pants. She took a sip of her drink before sitting it back no her table.

"Wilmer, let's not start that. You know how I am and I know how you are, let's just talk about Carter." Wilmer nodded at her but after looking around he frowned realising Carter weren't with her. Demi noticed and picked up his hand softly making him jump at her soft hand compared to his huge, rough hands she smiled.

"Wilmer, I want you to change before you see him. If your going to carry on drinking then I will walk out right now but- I'll stop!" Wilmer ended the sentence, he was ready to stop everything he was doing for her and Carter. He'd end it all in a second if it meant seeing his son and Demi, Demi giggled as he tried to laugh too but Demi sensed his nervous manner.

"Wilmer, just be yourself like you would 2 years ago. I'm still the same as I used to be." Except your hotter and more mature. Wilmer thought to himself but just nodded to her as she was about to put his hand down he gripped hers, not wanting to let go just yet.

"Wilmer, this isn't a date." Demi let his know as she kept her eyes on his hand that was intwined with hers, Demi had to admit she loved the feeling of his hand with hers and was desperately trying to hug him but knew that wouldn't get them anywhere.

"I know, I just- I just want to hold our hand. I miss your touch." Wilmer didn't hesitate to tell her what he thought making Demi's stomach invade with butterflies as she bite her lip to stop herself from smiling. She wanted to say she'd missed his touch too but knew she had to keep her act up as she weren't going to give into him, she had a lot of self control which she was grateful for.

"O-Okay. If you stop drinking I will allow you to see him again." Wilmer suddenly held up his pinky on his other hand making Demi let out a loud laugh and customers to turn around to her and give her a head shake as Demi just chuckled at them, she weren't bothered.

"I'm serious. I know I can stop drinking, I already have but you've got to promise too." Wilmer tried to hold a serious expression on his face as Demi raised her eyebrows at the man trying to make him crack which eventually he did, laughing too. Demi linked their pinky together while shaking her head at his immatureness. He hasn't changed. Demi thought to herself as she pulled away from Wilmer removing her hand too as her phone rang on the table.

"Hello?" Demi asked as Wilmer stared intently at her, they'd hardly had anytime to talk and people were already interrupting. Wilmer sighed making Demi looked over to him and gave him an apologetic look.

"It's me." She heard Marissa laugh at the other end, referring to Adeles song making Demi roll her eyes as Wilmer just smiled as he heard Marissa's voice too. She'd done that to everyone who picked up the phone the past week and every time Demi told her to stop she'd still continue.

"Sorry, this really isn't the time for that. I had to rush Carter to the hospital as he was burning up and wouldn't stop crying!" Demi notably went to panic mode, jumping up from her seat and Wilmer jumping too in both confusion and panic on whatever Demi was panicking about.

"I'll be there now!" Demi said quickly, ending the call and looking over to Wilmer.

"Carter isn't well, I need to go to the hospital." She grabbed her purse before rushing out but Wilmer wanted to know if his child was okay too so he grabbed Demi's Starbucks and ran out to the parking lot seeing Demi try to run in heels. Damn, she's still hot. Not the time Wilmer! He scolded at himself before racing after Demi, of course quicker as he wasn't wearing heels and as Demi got in her car it was followed by Wilmer getting in the other side.

"Wilmer!" Demi looked at the man she'd fell in love with confused as he just gave her a shrug. He didn't want to watch his son sick while he was at one not caring about it so he decided to go with Demi, if she let him.

"Can I see if he's okay?" Wilmer raised his eyebrow and Demi hesitated. She didn't know whether to tell him to get out or ask him to stay with her as he could be company to her to take her mind of her son.

"Fine, Wilmer but please don't let me regret this." He nodded. He had a cheesy grin on his face as he was finally able to meet his one year old son, as Demi was more of using on racing through the streets to get to her son Wilmer wanted to know more album him.

"Can he talk?" Demi held her hand up giving him a half and half, she didn't really want to talk right now as she didn't know what was up with Carter. He was fine when she left the house as she recalled over the morning, he wasn't hot or anything and was giggling not crying. She hated the panicked feeling of not knowing if her sons fine.

"Damn, now I know how my mom felt when Dallas pushed me off the trampoline and I broke my wrist." Demi muttered to herself, instantly forgetting that Wilmer was there. If it wasn't a panicking situation Wilmer would of laughed at Demi but feeling how scared she looked he just gripped one of her hands again as her other one was on the wheel. She instantly relaxed at his touch making Wilmer smirk at how he still manages to calm her down.

"He'll be okay. He's probably got a stomach bug." Wilmer tried to calm her and Demi tried to convince herself but all the worse possibilities came into her head as she arrived at the hospital and her and Wilmer raced inside not wasting anytime but Wilmer made sure to grab Demi's drink. He'd know she'd want it soon, if he still remembers her properly.

"Hi, Carter Lovato. I'm his mom." The nurse quickly recognised her and took her through followed by Wilmer. Carter was put into the private room as its Demi Lovato and paps could get in wondering what's happening. A smile made its way on Wilmer's face as the nurse opened the door but as Wilmer was about to walk in after Demi the nurse stopped him making him turn to her with a angry look.

"Hey Wilmer." The blonde haired nurse said his name slowly and Wilmer chuckled in his head at how this girl was trying to be seductive but was nothing of the kind. She looked in her late 20s with blue eyes and make up covered her face, the kind Wilmer just hated. The kind he loved was in the room staring at him intently as well as Marissa as she was just curious of what Wilmer would do. The kind Wilmer was in to was fresh faced and wasn't in a shirt which showed her breasts or uniform that was by her inner thigh, Demi was covered up and she was all he wanted.

"Sweetie, your not my type. My type is in that room along with my son, so do you job instead of 'trying' but failing to seduce me which wouldn't of worked anyway."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is the most updates I've done in such as 3 days which I'm proud off. I'm only doing so many updates because I really like this story! Even thoughts it's 12 in the night right now here's another one!

Love your comments!