Chapter 16: Where Have You Been?

"Skylar, Princess?"

Instantly the man came running up in front of them, panting as he was outta breath from chasing the 6 year old. Skylar ran to him, hiding herself away form Wilmer as Demi and Wilmer both stood up form the sand quickly.

"Wilmer? What's up man!" Demi and Wilmer's mouth dropped open in shock as Wilmer seen Jake standing with a suit on but Skylar didn't come from behind Jake, hiding herself away. Wilmer pushed Jake out the way making him stumble to the side and pick Skylar up, she struggled to escape his grasp and soon started screaming for Jake.

"Man, uh I think I should get her. It's been-" Wilmer turned towards Jake, the anger in his eyes visible as he'd had Skylar all this time. Jake looked older and more mature now but still looked kind and sweet, he had a stumble which made him look hot and definitely made Demi stare. He was much taller, his suit made him look smart but everybody knew Jake was far from smart.

"You had her, you had my daughter!" Skylar was now screaming as Demi snapped out of her thoughts and grabbed Skylar of Wilmer while He continued to scream at Jake. He stood not knowing what to do, he didn't know anything about Skylar getting taken away form him and thought he gave her up again. Skylar never spoke about Wilmer and even though Jake never understood why he chose to ignore it.

"Hey look, Sky calm down its me! It's mommy, remember me." Skylar stopped struggling and looked up to Demi, confused for a second as Demi had changed a lot but suddenly gripped onto her as if her life depended on it. Demi gripped her too, not wanting to let her go as she kissed her cheek making sure to wipe her tears away.

"Oh baby, your okay!" Tears spring to Demi's eyes as she was finally holding her daughter again, even though she was a little taller Skylar was still small for a 6 year old. Her dark hair was curly but put into a messy bun and her big brown eyes looked up to Demi's, her small arms draped around Demi's neck but Demi realised Wilmer went to punch Jake.

"Wilmer, baby stop! Now." Demi growled and stepped in front of Wilmer, her shoes still for so she was feeling the sand but Wilmer instantly put his fist down seeing Demi in front of him. Demi could see the rage in his eyes as she kissed his cheek softly, trying to calm him down.

"Jake, let's go! Get in the car now." Jake looked confused as he didn't think he'd done anything wrong, Jake walked up the road to get the car as Wilmer tried to calm himself down. Skylar's head was resting on Demi's shoulder but she kept her eyes on Wilmer, she didn't want to be near him and that's something Demi or neither Wilmer understood.

"I'm sorry." Wilmer muttered, moving forward to kiss Demi's head but Skylar flinched and her grip tightened on Demi making her step back from Wilmer. Wilmers didn't know what he done wrong as Skylar pushed his hand away from her as he went to pick her up out of Demi's grasp.

"Baby, it's me. Daddy?" Wilmer told Skylar but she refused to touch him, Demi noticed the frown on Wilmer's face and felt bad for him instantly. Seconds later Jake had to car in front of them, as Wilmer went to grab Jake and push him in the back seat Demi picked up her shoes and empty Pizza box.

"Daddy lied." Skylar mumbled against Demi, making Demi know why Skylar was pushing Wilmer away from her. Wilmer told Demi he had to lie to her but Skylar hated when people lied to her and never trusted them again, Demi lift Skylar's head up towards her.

"Baby he had to, daddy had no choice and he tried so hard. He's all better now, he was looking for you but we didn't now that Jake had you. We was both scared, we will talk about it when we get in." Skylar mumbled an 'okay' before Demi stepped in the front of the car beside Wilmer, nodding to him to tel Ohio everything's fine before they took of.

"I don't know what I did?" Jake mumbled which instantly set Wilmer off again, this guy was so dumb but Demi couldn't blame him as he probably never went to school and she wondered if he even knew how to write. How did he get so rich? Demi thought to herself.

"Don't know what you did? You had my fucking daughter, why didn't you tel one that huh?" Demi fastened the seatbelt around her and Skylar who was settled against her chest, listening to what they were saying.

"Wil, stop! We will talk about it not scream at him, just be thankful Skylar's here." Demi always was the calmer one as Wilmer was angry at the guy, he wanted to kick his ass right there but with Demi there he didn't want to upset her as it was suppose to be there date. Now he knew that this screwed it up but as long as Skylar was safe he didn't mind.

"Princess, I'm sorry." Wilmer spoke to Skylar as he took a quick glance in Demi's direction before watching the road as he drove. He smiled at seeing Demi with Skylar in her arms and never thought he'd be able to see that again, going home was going to be a struggle as it would make it worse when Skylar found out she had a little brother. She'd thought she'd be getting replaced.

"Where have you been?" Skylar spoke up sitting up on Demi's lap to see Wilmer's face as she pouted, she hated Wilmer for not going back to get her but Jake did. It was only a couple months after when Jake picked Skylar up, Drake and Tyler had moved out of the city though and made their own business.

"I seen Demi after you was taken away and we tried to find you. I got better because Demi helped, I haven't been drinking that disgusting stuff you hate." Skylar grinned at that, clapping she hands at Demi's accomplishment as Demi chuckled at her. Jake sat quite, realising the trouble he caused them which he didn't think he would.

"Wilmer, I didn't know that Skylar was taken away from you. She never told me anything, I took her in because I thought you left her." Wilmer didn't answer Jake, keeping his eyes on the road he sighed at how dumb this guy was. It's not his fault, Wilmer tried to tell himself but wanted to kick his ass for going through pain when he could of brought her back to him. Wilmer wanted to cry just looking at Skylar and how she'd grown in the past year and a half.

"This is mommy's house baby. I've got to tell you something though..." Skylar smiled at the house but frowned when she turned to Demi, Jake wanted to know as well as Wilmer stared at Demi intently.

"We've missed you, so much just know that before We tell you. Remember when mommy and daddy had a huge argument that time at your grandma's and I didn't see you, well I'm so sorry for leaving you baby. When I left I found out I was going to have- uh another baby, your little brother and because I wasn't talking to your daddy I never told him about him. Daddy found out about him not so long ago and now it's your turn to see him, he's in the house." Demi tried to speak were Skylar would understand and not be upset by it as As she turned to Wilmer then to the house before looking back over to Demi.

"I wanna meet him! Is he my little brother..." He grin on her face never disappeared and Wilmer and Demi sighed in relief when she was excited about it. Wilmer gripped Demi's hand tightly as Jake as well looked in shock, he'd seen Demi on the news with a son but didn't realise it was Wilmer's as he knew they split up.

"Let's go and meet him baby!" Skylar took of running out the car and towards the house as I turned to Wilmer, he saw the fear in Demi's eyes and gave her hand a little squeeze with a reassuring smile. They'd both found her and now they'd got their daughter and son, nothing would change the smile on their faces as he kissed her head softly before pulling back. Not caring that Jake was there to but he watched two in awe,

"Our daughter and son are in the house. Why're we still here?"