~Thank You~

Authors Notes: Most of my writing is spurred on by random sparks of genius and insanity.

You're welcome.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every day Seto Kaiba would gently place a carefully folded sheet of paper, an origami swan, into Joey's book bag.

He would stare at Joey until the blond would huff and take it out.

Every fold had a sentence on it in neat long-hand cursive.

Joey pursed his lips and unfolded the first crease.

" I will never tire of you. "

'Geez, thanks ya geek.'

"I can support you."

'Yeah, no shit Sherlock. Ya got money comin' out ya ass. I know. No need to rub it in.'

"You have many feminine and masculine traits."

'What the fuck was that supposed to mean ya crazy -ya callin' me a girl ya twat I'll shove this here paper up ya left nostril ya sketchass CEO'

"I find you enchanting to look at."

'.... Well, no complaints there, I gotta admit, for a boy, I'm very pretty.'

"I'm abnormally tall, so when we go to concerts, you can sit on my shoulders and see everything."

'I have been wantin' ta go to dat Evanescence concert that was comin' up...'

And finally, the entire page folded out, littered with wet spots.

Teardrops.

"In case you haven't noticed, I'm very lonely. No doubt if you go in life, you will find love. But me? I still cannot believe you melted my barriers that I've been building for years. You and your ditsy, lovable warmth melted the ice around my heart. I understand if you don't like me, much less love me. Mokuba is the only one who loves me. I understand. I'm cold, unfeeling, heartless, which are synonymous with two words. Seto Kaiba. The sad, cruel ruler of Kaiba Corporation. But the thing is, I don't want to be Seto Kaiba. I want to be who I was before all that happened to me. I want to be Seto Nakamura again. With you around, unknowingly teaching me how to love, those sides were starting to show again. When I looked in the mirror, I saw a boy smiling. Me. But not Seto Kaiba. It was the before Seto. The nice, smiling, big brother Seto. One that was capable of publicly showing love. Before all that love washed away with my hopes and dreams, mixed with the bitter tears of a broken boy who was forced to take his stepfather's place as a merciless demon on top of the tower. You brought me back, Joey. You. I know you secretly put yourself down but you shouldn't. I love you, Joey. I'll always love you. Remember the time you fell asleep in my helicopter when you and your friends were flying home with me and Mokuba? You were all asleep or I wouldn't have dared to do what I did. I hadn't realized I had loved you until it happened. On complete instinct, I reached out to you and combed my fingers into your thick, golden hair. And for those few moments, I held eternity. I knew what I had wanted all my life in those seconds. I realized I wanted to know what life was like at your side. I want to search for the stars in your eyes until we're both old. You're my everything. Thank you. For making me who I was. Who I'm trying to be now. I understand. I finally understand because of you Joey. Thank you."

By now, the class had been dismissed, for only Joey and Seto remained.

Quiet footsteps padded on the dirty tile floors, until they stopped beside the blond.

Joey was shaking, small, broken gasps of sobbing breaking out at two second intervals.

Seto lifted Joey's face, so the younger could see his sad smile and, in return, he could wipe the tears away off of his loved one's cheeks.

"Don't cry, Joey. You're too good for tears."

Joey sniffed, leaning into Seto's palm.

He started to whisper.

"I'm so, so sorry, Seto. I didn't know what you were going through. I didn't and I'm sorry. So sorry."

Joey then stood and hugged the brunette, still crying softly.

Seto ran his fingers through Joey's hair.

"I always wanted to do this."

Sniff sniff.

"D-Do what?"

"Hold you. It's much better than hugging you in my dreams. You're my light you know. My hikari. Thank you."

And for the longest time, they just held each other while Seto Nakamura whispered over and over again,

"Thank you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FUCK FUCK FUCKITY FUCK

I GAVE MYSELF FEELS

HALFWAY INTO KAIBAS SPEECH I WAS BAWLING

SWEET BABY JESUS HELP ME

I'M SLIPPING INTO THE ABYSS AND CRYING OVER MY OWN WRITING

FUCK

GET THE TISSUES DEBBIE

I'M SLIPPIN' IN MAH OWN TEARS

AGAIN

FUCK

DID YOU CRY TOO

DID I SPREAD THE FEELS

IS IT CONTAGIOUS

DID YOU GUYS FUCKING CRY TOO

AGH