09. An Ideal Night with Stories

We kissed. And that was it. I don't know for how long we kissed. But we did, and both of us liked it. A lot. There had been some pauses here and there, but I mostly grabbed his face constantly, and kissed him eagerly.

What was I doing?! I wasn't supposed to be doing this and yet I am!? Why? Why can't I stop? I need to stop!!!

But I didn't. I couldn't. I couldn't control myself. I was only half in control of my own mind. And that was it.

Mr. Rikkard Ambrose's kisses were unlike him. He was cold, distant, and silent. His kisses, on the other hand, were warm, inviting, and pleasant. I didn't know what he thought about my kissing. But what was I doing here? I should be home, safe under the covers of my blessed bed along with my dearest sister Ella. Well at least once I got back home, I'd have something to tell the girl. I wonder how she would react.

"Do you think that everything will be peculiar between us now?" I asked softly. My head was resting on his chest as we both looked out the window of Leadenhall Street. I was just hugging him and he was hugging me. There wasn't anything wrong with that was there? Well maybe except for the fact that he was caressing my hair gently.

"Perhaps Miss Linton. Perhaps." He responded and his rock hard chest rumbled when he spoke.

"Will I get to wear proper lady-like clothes, now that you have finally recognised me as my proper gender?"

He sighed before replying. "I could let you, but my men who work here don't know and it's best to keep your true identity a secret. I may have acknowledged you as a female but unfortunately, the others have not. I'd rather not risk being ridiculed all throughout my office of having a girl be my secretary. Additionally, most of my men would probably laugh at the plain sight of you walking about, entering and exiting my office."

"Couldn't you deduct the wages from their pay check at the end of the month?"

"I could. It is a possibility Miss Linton. But a reminder; don't think that just because I have recognised you as a female, I will not work you hard in the same pace as the others."

"You think I'd've forgotten? You might as well work me twice as hard and I wouldn't've cared." I removed my head to look up at him. When he looked down at me, a surge of unknown heat flowed through my body. I shivered just a little. A hair on his eyebrow threatened to lift. "Okay fine, maybe I would have cared, but not enough to resign! By the way, shouldn't we have celebrated that we finally got the file after so long? A small inexpensive party is overdue sir."

"I have no time for social events, inexpensive as they may be."

"But this won't be a social event. This will be just..." I faltered. Where would we go? "We could try going to a.. pub. Obviously not the same one as before but perhaps a different one?" I whispered.

"Not a chance. You're not going to be intoxicated in my presence. You weren't supposed to drink anyway."

"Well I did, so you can stick that idea up your... Um I.. Never mind." I amended quickly and pushed myself away from him. "I think it's time for me to leave sir."

"Alright... You may leave." I gave a half bow before hurrying out of his office. I flew down the stairs and was tired when I reached the bottom. I looked back towards the stairs before turning away and leaving the Empire House and entering the cool London Night.

I ran all the way back home, feeling a warmth spreading through my body.

* * *

I climbed up the ladder and entered my room through the window, having changed into a dress before I entered. Ella was up again, looking worried sick. 

"Lilly, Lilly, Lilly... Oh I pray that you are okay.." she said softly. Bless this girl, she cared for me so much. Well, if she looked out the window she'd noticed her dear wacky sister.

"Hello Ella!" I said smiling brightly. She jumped and nearly fell off her bed.

"Oh Lill! Where were you? My goodness I've been waiting for you for so long! What have you been doing? Are you alright? You looked flushed." she said in a rush, walking over to me.

"Don't worry dear sister of mine. I'm perfectly fine. I just had to run home."

"From where!?"

"From... Meeting my secret lover." I said after a pause. She gasped and then pulled me towards her bed.

"Lilly! Out at this late? Well it doesn't matter anymore. What did you two do??"

"Well... We argued a bit. Actually we've been arguing a lot over multiple different things, constantly glaring at each other and such. And then... Well you wouldn't believe what happened next."

"What?! Lilly what did you do?! Don't tell me... You and he.."

"No! Dear God Ella, don't think like that! We only kissed!" Silence.

"Y-you what? You k-kissed him...? Oh goodness Lilly! H-how were -? Tell me everything! I want to know everything that happened!" I raised an eyebrow at her and she turned scarlet.

"Well, well. Look at you! Growing up already are you?" She looked away, still scarlet in the face, but I just chuckled at her innocence. "Alright fine I'll tell you." And so I did. The colour drained from her cheeks until it was rosy and her doe-like blue eyes widened every once in a while.

"D-dear Lord... Oh Lill, that is so romantic!"

"You think?" Was it really though? It seemed more wrong that romantic. Why did I do it? 

As I lay on my bed in the dark, after we heard scuffling outside and Ella and I turned off the lights, ducking for cover, I couldn't stop thinking about our actions. Why? How come I couldn't control myself? How come I let myself be lost like that? How come I kissed him?! He was my employer, I was in his employ. We shouldn't've kissed. It was wrong. I didn't believe in romance and I knew that he didn't either. I rolled over to face Ella, already asleep. The moon shined on her precious face, giving her an angelic look. She may be in love with Edmund... But that doesn't mean that I was going to fall in love with Mr. Rich, Mysterious Arrogant and Granite-face. Not on my pocket watch anyways. Or his.

____________________________________________________________________________________

LILLY WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU, YOU'RE IN LOVE OKAY?! L-O-V-E. GEDDIT.'

Please leave comments! I love reading them all! :D Take care!

See you later!