13. Revenge? No, Not Really.

What were they doing?! What is he doing? Why can't I see what she looks like? Woman, turn around so I can properly judge you! I thought, staring daggers at her back. She didn't turn but continued talking to him. Suddenly I thought of something to distract myself. I turned, grabbed Ella by the hand and led her away from them, only to let go of her hand and tell her to just talk about the first thing that came to her mind.

"Why?" she whispered, eyes widening.

"Just do it!" I started walking away and Ella followed behind me.

"Oh Lilly I had almost forgotten to tell you something!" Ella said in the loudest voice she could muster - which wasn't very loud.

"Louder!" I whispered. "What is it Ella?" I raised my voice from a whisper.

"Aunt Brank told me to tell you that there's another ball tomorrow night! Sir Phillip invited multitudes of peoples, of rich backgrounds and not so rich backgrounds. And yes, we are invited." I almost tripped and fell flat on my face but I was able to catch myself before that happened. I'd been watching him and that woman and found them looking Ella and I's way. I'd panicked, turned around and nearly fell. What Ella said as well, was pretty surprising. Another ball tomorrow? Oh dear. I wish I could get out of this one...

"Really now? She said that Ella?"

"Yes! She did, I do not lie. Aunt also said that I have to make sure that you make yourself present there, unlike the last time." I cringed a bit, thinking about the last ball that'd occurred whilst he'd been gone. I ditched the ball and gone after Patsy, Eve and Flora instead. Of course after I came home along with Aunt, almost at the same time, hell had broken on me. I was shut in my room for two days straight. All because I didn't make myself known at society once more. What could I do? I detested society.

"Oh yes. Right, that other night. I guess I'll have to be going to that one now will I?" I heaved a fake sigh.

"Rikkard dear? What's wrong?" the woman crooned and I couldn't help but cringe harshly at her voice.

"Nothing Miss... Nothing at all." he replied in a quiet voice. I could almost feel his eyes boring into the back of my head, but I refused to turn and glance at him.

"I wonder who will be there... Maybe your lover?" Ella asked hopefully. The question caught me off-guard and I stopped for a split second. Mustering the fakest, cheeriest, sappiest voice I could ever possibly speak in I replied.

"Ooh yes maybe!" I started up walking once more.

"Remind me again what he looks like?" This is it! I know that Ella hardly remembers what I described to her long ago, I bet I can describe someone else instead! And as loud as possible as well!

"Right, well he has long, curly dark brown hair. He has a cheerful smile every once in a while and an amusing triangular patch of beard in his chin... But I don't really think it was a beard, It was probably there to impress the ladies. And he... I believe if I remember correctly, he has lovely brown eyes. They're probably chocolatey brown eyes... I wouldn't know really."

"Oh." There was a pause. "He sounds absolutely lovely! I cannot believe I had forgotten about him, Lilly. So you think he'll be there?" Ella jumped over a stray log (how did that get there?!) and started walking beside me. Saint Paul rang out ten times and I knew that Ella and I should be heading home soon.

"I don't know. Who did you say Sir Phillip invited?"

"I believe it was people of rich backgrounds, multitudes of people with rich backgrounds and high positions... And of lesser rich basckgrounds, us included."

"Hmm.." I tapped my chin thoughtfully. I was actually pondering this question for real. If that one, some ways away behind me, was daring to come, then I might as well make sure the other one I just described, is coming as well. "I suppose he will. I can't recall his postioning or rank, but I'm betting it's in the rich area.." I looked around and saw Mr. Ambrose and the hag-that-I-still-didn't-know-what-she-looked-like were walking - which direction? I couldn't tell from where I was. But I knew that it was time to leave. The damage had just been planned and now it was time to take it out.

"Oh Ella it's so late! I think we should get home right now, I don't want to you or I to be caught by a robber or something of that sort."

"Is it really?" I turned towards Ella to find her looking around, blinking. "Oh my, you're right! You have a parasol don't you? If anyone comes by, you will..." She trailed off.

"I'll keep you safe Ella. I promise." I smiled at her when she looked at me. She gave me a hug which I returned. I'd do anything for this blessed angelic sister of mine.. All thoughts of everything else banished from my mind and the only thing I was focused on was my sister hugging me.

"Let's go Lilly." She said breaking away from me and led the way out of the park and towards our new destination:

Home.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW THIS CHAPTER IS SHORT, IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE. THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE LONGER I PROMISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any guess on who Lilly's 'lover' is? I think it's pretty obvious if you ask me ;-) hah

See you later!