county fair

It'd been three weeks since I first encountered Harry, and since then, my opinion on him has changed drastically. We'd been texting each other endlessly, even staying up late at night just to talk to each other. It took him ages, but he finally asked me out on a date. I hate to admit it, but I was nervous. This was the first date I'd been on in years, and I didn't think it would go smoothly at all.

Trying to figure out to wear was like the end of the world, because I decided I had to look good for our first, hopefully not last, date. So, I picked out a beautiful red blouse and black jeans, pairing the outfit with a pair of white flats. It took me over an hour to get ready, quickly deciding that I wouldn't wear a lot of makeup after it took forty-five minutes to tame my hair.

It was nearly six-thirty when the doorbell downstairs rang — and I almost fell down the stairs running to the door. I opened the door to see him dressed much more casually than me, and it made me feel uneasy. He held a flower in his hand, too, so that gave him credit. It was a white rose, which I should mention was my favorite flower.

"Wow!" he exclaims, fanning himself. "Is it just me, or is it hot?" he jokes, tugging on his collar as if it were chafing.

"I think it's just you, Harry." I laugh softly, blushing lightly.

"I think it's because I'm so close to you." he mutters, leaning in to place a kiss on my cheek, but I dodge it and he nearly falls forward. I giggle, covering my mouth.

"I'm sorry, no kissing on the first date." I tell him, scrunching my nose. "Let me go get a vase for that, honey." I point to the rose, taking it from his hand and walking to the kitchen; leaving him quite flustered.

"Wanna do something cool?" I ask, getting out red and blue food coloring and filling the vase halfway with water. This was my favorite thing about white roses, you can change them to look any way you want them to.

"Uh, yeah, sure." he coughs, stepping inside and closing the door behind him.

I cut the end of the stem, putting a few drops of each color into the water and placing the rose into the colored water. I smile softly, placing the vase on the table.

"When we get back it should be colored." I say softly. "It's something I used to do with my dad a lot."

"I didn't know you could do that." he says, obviously in shock.

"It's magic, I know." I joke, walking to the door and grabbing my coat.

He opens the door, taking my hand and helping me down the small step. I lock the door behind me, walking behind him to his Jeep.

"Nice car." I mutter, stepping up into it and buckling in. The interior design was sexy, everything was sleek and painted black.

"Thank you." he smiles, getting in and starting it up. "Wanna jam?"

"What kind of music you got?" I ask, looking at him as he pops in a mixed CD. The first song that plays is You Are In Love by Taylor Swift, my all time favorite artist. I remember him asking my favorite everything, and I guess this was why.

I cover my face, laughing softly before turning up the volume and belting out the lyrics. I felt Harry looking at me at the red lights as I sung loudly, and I knew he was smiling. I hadn't been this happy in ages, it felt good.

I looked at him while he was driving, admiring his profile and wondering how someone could be that gorgeous and still be real. I could imagine all the stories I could write about him, about his pale green eyes or the dip in his nose, or even the freckle by his mouth. I think he finally caught me staring when a small smirk appeared on his face.